Chapter 3 | A Day With Parker

The one in the picture is Alice.

*****

Alice Walker.

We used to be best friends in middle school, but she decided to stop when some popular girls wanted her to join their "squad." Alice always wanted to be popular, so she just ditched me and let me get bullied by her and her new friends. 

I always tried to reason with her. I always asked her why was she doing this to me and why we can't we be friends.

Her answer was always,"Well if you weren't so ugly and a backstabbing friend, my doors would be open for you."

I wanted to ask her what she meant by that, but she clearly never told me.

Now she is here, trying to ruin the only freedom I have with a guy. Has Andrew ever talked to her?

Wait, no. I'm not calling him Andrew ever again. Let all the girls that want him call him that name. His name has gone from Andrew, to Andy, to Andre, to Drew. And, according to Alice, it's probably going to be babe.

"Oh, hey Alicia!" Parker greeted her.

Her eyes darkened for a second, but she didn't lash out at him like she usually would. Her expression changed back to her nice facade.

"It's Alice, silly," she smiled at him, as she kept coming closer.

"My bad, I forgot your name was Ashley," he smiled back at her.

I knew she was annoyed, but decided to remain calm.

"Anyways," she stated, her eyes turning to me.

"Hunter sent me to tell you to meet him at his table in the cafeteria."

Lies.

"Me being the good friend, I told him that I was taking you out to eat," she said, fake smiling at me.

"But since Drew is here, we might as well go together, right Drew?"

Parker looked at me, then at Alice.

"Sure," he finally said.

"Hop in Alice, we don't want to be late," he said, getting in the car and closing the door.

I got in the seat next to Parker, the driver, while Alice was in the back. She tried to take my seat, but I didn't let her.

Most of the car ride was filled with silence, the other half was Alice trying to seduce Parker. It was really irritating.

"Why don't you meet me at my house after this date? We can do many fun and interesting things," she purred in his ear.

"You have got to be kidding me," I mumbled under my breath.

"We can kiss and have lots of-"

Okay, that's it.

"Will you shut up!?" I told her, causing Parker and her to jump.

I turned to look at her.

"First of all, this isn't a date. Me and Parker were going to eat without you, until you came. If there was going to be a date, it would of been me and Parker, not you. And second of all, you aren't the only one in this car. I don't need to hear you try to seduce Parker because it clearly isn't working. I think Parker has way better things to do than to be with you. Now can you please shut up and wait for us to get to our destination," I told her, then I turned on the radio.