Chapter 13 | Oblivious Parker

The one in the picture is Jake.

++++++

Please read my authors note at the end of the chapter. It holds important information I want my readers to hear.

Posted this chapter earlier than the set date. Hope you enjoy!

++++++

"I am very pleased by how Mr. Parker's grades improved because of you," Mrs. Jane complimented, looking at Parker's test scores and overall grade.

I rolled my eyes. "How much longer do I have to tutor him?"

She basically forced me to tutor him. I barely had a choice. The only thing I want is to be done with him.

Mrs. Jane put down her grade book and looked at me. "Tutoring Parker will really help you when colleges read your letter. They will see that you were involved in extra curricular activities."

"I persuaded the principal to reject Hunter's offer in allowing you to attend every class he had. It was a way for you to spread your wings without having Hunter cut them off for you because you were trying to flying towards a different direction."

"Thank you?" I told her, uncertain on if I should.

Mrs. Jane smiled. "You'll understand when the time is right."

"Sure," I replied, giving her a look that told her I doubted that. Tightening my hold on my backpack, I told her 'goodbye' before leaving the classroom.

It's not that I'm not grateful for what she's done, it's just...the fact that she paired me up with Parker after she saw us argue in class.

Anyways, I was given strict orders by Hunter to meet him after school because he wanted to directly take me to Liz's house after practice. Supposedly it was a mandatory practice for all the players on the team.

As I got near the football field, I noticed that the guys were huddled up together while the coach was talking to them. Hunter was in the middle as was Jake. They all listened to Coach Wilson with an understanding face. The only one that was uncomfortable or annoyed, was Hunter.

The guys dispersed once their coach had finished talking. They starting warming up, meaning they would start to throw the football around, run, do simple warm ups, and more. As I walked even closer to the bleachers, I kept watching them warm up.

Then I saw something familiar. Or should I say someone. The person was crouched down doing something.

As I got near the person I realized that it was Parker and that he was tying his shoe lace's.

"Parker, what are you doing here?" I asked, watching Parker tie his shoe on.

Parker stood up and looked at me. "Doesn't it seem obvious? I'm trying out for the football team."

"You can't do that," I told him, fearing that he'll finally get Hunter and Jake attention.

Parker has been trying to stay out of my brothers path. His status has been slowly rising because of the cheerleaders, his physique, his football skills, and his player ways.