Chapter 12 | Waking Up to Parker

Sorry if you tried to load this chapter and it didn't want to. I accidentally published and then unpublished it because I was still doing some finishing touches to it.

Anyways, just a heads up, if I upload a new chapter before the set date, I either did it because of a holiday or because I accidentally published it.

Other than that, enjoy!

++++++

"Twenty questions is over," Parker said with dark eyes.

I got angry really quickly. How dare he?

"Oh I get," I said, giving him a tight lipped smiled. "So you get to overrule the rules, right? If the question gets too personal for me, you just continue to pressure me into spilling. But when the questions gets too personal for you, you get to avoid it all costs and do whatever the hell you want. I get it."

"You should leave," he sneered at me, getting up and picking up my stuff. He then continued to shove it into my arms.

"Gladly," I retorted, grabbing my phone and keys.

Standing up, I then walked passed him and left his room. The rest of the house was dark, meaning Mrs. Hemingway was asleep.

I stopped at the top of the stairway and checked the time on my phone. But, instead of lighting up when you press the home button, the screen stayed black.

"You have got to be kidding me," I muttered, frustrated. The battery must have died when I kept using my phone as a calculator.

My hand reached to feel the walls for a light switch, but I couldn't.

"Where is that stupid light switch," I muttered once again. The lights suddenly came on.

I turned to see Parker standing outside his door. He must've turned them on.

"Thank you," I mumbled, before going down the stairs as quickly and as quietly as I could.

As I got to the bottom, I looked for a clock. I luckily found one on the wall near the black sofas. How could I have not noticed that?

11:43 AM

My eyes widened. I've been here for like seven hours! It's Parker's fault since he was the one who spent like two hours taking Alice back to her house. Thunder snapped me out of my thoughts.

Just my luck.

I walked towards the front door and opened it. It was raining cats and dogs out there. And of course the thunder and lighting, wasn't helping.

"Watch out!" I screamed as glass flew everywhere.

The sound of lighting brought me out what seemed a very blurry memory.

I used the side of the door to hold me in place as I frowned at what just happened. I haven't received a memory like that since Ryder came into my life. I guess it was because I kind of used him as a distraction.

What I meant, was that I had received these type of memories after my mom had died. They were only a couple every other month when it thundered but that's all. But once Ryder came, all that disappeared and I felt as if I was normal again.