Loss

Jacob POV

I woke up with the sun beaming down on my face. Ugh. I never liked bright things. I got up and went straight to the kitchen. I tried to be very quiet, so I didn't wake up Billy. I opened the fridge and grabbed the first thing I saw. Then I heard a scream.

I turned around ready to charge at whatever it was. I looked down to see Billy on the floor. Leah looked up at me with horror. "Jacob do something!" I went straight to the phone and called Carisle. Was this really happening? I knew he would die one day, but this soon?

"Hello this is Doctor Cullen."
"Carisle it's Jake. I think Billy is..." It was hard for me to say the word. "Dead"
There was a long pause. This couldn't be happening. No. No it couldn't. Why me? Why does everything happen to me?
"I'll be there in 2 minutes."

He hung up the phone. I ran to Billy's side. "It's going to be okay Dad I promise. Just keep breathing."

Finally, from what seemed the longest two minutes ever, there was a knock on the door. I ran to the door and opened it. Carisle came rushing in with his equipment. "Leah can you take Jacob into the other room?" he asked. No! I have to be here! What was he doing? "Of course," Leah responded.

Leah took me to the garage. Leah started talking to me trying to keep my mind occupied, but all I could think of was Billy. He's been with me for so long. Then I heard a scream from upstairs. I shut my eyes tight and covered my ears. I had to get away from here.

"I have to get out of here."
"Jake no, you have to stay here."
"Who's the Alpha again?"

She sighed as I jumped out the window and ran, tearing my clothes and becoming a wolf. I ran to the rock me and Renesmee always talked at, to get away from trouble. When I got there I howled.

Within a minute, after I changed back, she came out of the trees and sat beside me. I hadn't realized I was crying until she swept the tears from my face. "What's wrong Jake?" I looked into her beautiful brown eyes. I explained everything to her and she wrapped her arm around me. "It's going to be okay, I promise."

We sat there in silence for what it seems like forever. Finally she got up, pulled me up, forgetting about her strength as I almost ran right into her. "Come here, I want to show you something." I obeyed not knowing a clue what she was talking about. We walked into the woods, her leading the way. She covered my eyes, probably near whatever she was leading me to. "Ready?" I chuckled. "Ness I really don't think this is going to-" She uncovered my eyes. There was a shiny brand new Chevy standing in front of me.

"This is... This is for me?" I couldn't believe my eyes. How did she know I was going to be sad? She must have read my expression. "Yep. I was going to save it for your birthday, but I figured this would cheer you up a little." All I could do was run to her and pick her up. I twirled her around saying I loved her a million times. Wait. We're still friends. Crap! Why did I do that?

"I... I shouldn't have done that," is all I could say. She looked at me confused. "What do you mean?" Maybe she didn't mind it. I stood there, not knowing what to say. Should I tell her? "Jake?" she asked. I needed to ask Bella and Edward first. I promised. "We should go check on-" Carisle was standing beside us. Has he always been standing there? "Jacob, I did all I could. His heart was spinning out of control. I'm so sorry."

I froze. No. No no no no no! This can't be happening! "I need to see him." Carisle took me and Renesmee back to the house. I sat next to him with his hand in mine. "I'm sorry Dad. I should've done better. I love you." I kissed his forehead and went to my room. Nessie followed. "You probably want to be alone. I'll leave. I am so sorry Jake," she said. I looked up at her and told her bye. I hope she didn't want me to tell her to stay. I lied down and stared at the ceiling, twisting the ring my father had always worn.