Unprepared

Jacob POV

The next few days continued, not anything special. Me and Ness usually got together every other day, considering the fact that Bella still didn't entirely forgive me. She'll come around though. We were only allowed to hang out during the day. Stupid in my opinion, we both are basically adults. But I was patient with her and did what she said.

The marriage planning progressed but slowly. You could tell neither of us were the best with that sort of thing. Eventually we just passed the whole thing to Alice and let her do everything. She seemed pretty happy with that decision. We didn't want the wedding to be too over the top, not over exaggerated. We also talked about where we were going to live afterwards.

"Maybe we should just live in an apartment for a few weeks until we get a house," I said. She sighed and said, "I don't know Jacob. That seems a little too different for me." I got frustrated with her more and more we planned. It was like every time I suggested an idea, she has to go against it, and then when I ask her what she thinks, and she doesn't know. Actually, that's not just a Nessie thing, that's a girl thing. I hate it. I sighed and decided not to argue, because I knew that's the last thing she wanted to do right then.

"Okay, well then we can just stay at our normal homes until we get something. I wouldn't be surprised if the Cullens bought us a mansion and said, 'Oh, here's a 800,000 dollar house we got for you!' " She laughed and rolled her eyes, causing me to wonder if that made her mad or made her laugh. I got up and made some Nutella toast in my kitchen and came back with a plate of it. She must've been hungry, because she ate more than I did.

"What about this house? What are you gonna do with it?" she asked, with a mouthful of food. I smiled that she wasn't embarrassed around me anymore. She noticed, because she said, "What?" I leaned back on the couch, tilting my head up towards the ceiling. "Nothing," I said with a chuckle. "Sam and them are gonna take it. They figured the pack is only gonna get bigger, so they better have some extra room."

She nodded and leaned back with me. I put my arm around her, and she nestled into it. Not long after we fell asleep and woke to a door bell. Probably Edward. Ness got it before I did and as I thought were her parents. I said bye, and closed the door. I looked at the clock, 8:01 pm. As much as it was really early, I was really tired. I cleaned myself up and climbed into bed.

My phone rang. I fluttered my eyes open. The sun was now shining, and my clock read 5:12 am. Who could be calling me this early? I grabbed my phone and said, "Hello?" It was Carlisle. "Jacob, will you please come over straight away? There's something we need to discuss." Oh great, probably being accused of hurting Renesmee or cheating on her or something. I said I was on my way, when really I shut my eyes again and pushed the pillow on my face. Might as well just get it over with.

I didn't bother to brush my hair or teeth or anything, I just slipped some jeans and shoes on. I didn't feel like running, so I drove over to the Cullen's. I walked up to the door to see Carlisle already standing there. He didn't look too happy, so that clearly means whatever I'm here for isn't exactly good. He opened the door without saying anything—which doesn't seem like something he would do, so clearly something was wrong—and lead me to the living room.

Renesmee wasn't there. Neither was Bella. What was going on? Everyone was looking at me with disgust, like I lied about something. "What's going on?" I asked. Carisle sighed and looked at me. "Jacob, this morning—" and then I heard it. The sound of coughing, but liquid pouring out into another liquid. I smelt it too. Someone was throwing up. My eye brows pushed together. I didn't bother to ask them, or wait or anything, I pushed them out of the way and headed to the bathroom. They tried to stop me, but I kept going. In the bathroom was Ness and Bella, Bella with one arm around her and Nessie crouched over the toilet, vomiting.

I looked back at the rest of the Cullens. Before I could say anything, Esme said, "Jacob, sit down." I obeyed but my eyes were still locked on the bathroom. No, she's just sick. Maybe it's that Nutella toast I made her. It probably went bad or something. Yeah, that sounds about right. "No Jacob. We all know that's not the case," Edward said reading my thoughts.

I laid my head in my hands, shaking it. No no no what have I done? I've put everyone in danger. It's all my fault it's all my fault it's— "It's not your fault. We just need time to figure it out. There are many possibilities," Edward said. Many possibilities? There's only one and that's a deadly werewolf vampire human, that is not supposed to exist.

"Jacob," Carlisle said. I wish they'd stop saying my name like that. "It is possible that this fetus—" Rosalie shot a look. "Baby," she said. Carlisle sighed and carried on, "Baby, is just a human. Technically both of you are half human, bringing it to be a possible full human. We don't know until the baby grows." I closed my eyes tight. No, I wasn't even ready to be a husband, how could I be a father? I was afraid for Nessie. I didn't want her to get hurt.

"What are the other options?" I asked. I realized after I said it there isn't really an option, but whatever. "The baby could also be a werewolf, which would be perfectly fine because it wouldn't change until older. Another option is, being just like Renesmee, half immortal half mortal." I sighed in relief. Good, nothing will kill her. "But it is possible, very thin chance, that it could be a full vampire, causing it to be stronger than Renesmee."

I tried to shake it off, pretending like that wouldn't happen. But Lord knows anything could happen in this world. I buried my hands in my face. I was no longer tired, only tired of the same damn thing that keeps happening to me. Why am I the enemy all the time? I brushed it off and thought of what else could happen. What if it was all three? Would it still be stronger? Is that even possible?

The sound of vomiting kept coming back, but I ignored it. "What if it was all three?" I said my thoughts out loud. As I expected, everyone looked at me like I was crazy. It could happen, I mean, could it? They looked at each other. "It is a possibility, I suppose, but I don't know how that would work," said Carlisle. I didn't really know either. Vampires, werewolves, and humans definitely don't mix. Maybe it would have traits of a vampire and human, but can shape-shift?

My thoughts ran through my mind, barely noticing the vomit sound in the background. Maybe we could just do abortion, I mean, it's not like any of us want it. At least I think so, unless Nessie will be stubborn as much as her mom was. I wasn't ready to take care of a baby, not even barely. Neither did I want to, I was not about to change nasty diapers. Edward laughed, probably at my thoughts.

After a few minutes of just staring and thinking, Nessie and Bella came out from the bathroom. You could tell Ness hadn't got much sleep, but she was still beautiful. She smiled when she saw me. "Jacob," she said. I didn't smile back, not because I was mad at her, but because I couldn't look at her and it see what I've done. I also couldn't seem to stretch a smile out of my face anyway, not even a fake one.

She looked at everyone, and Edward nodded his head. She looked back at me. "I'm sorry," she said. Sorry, what possibly would she be sorry about? This was my fault, and I'm surprised to see Bella hadn't killed me yet. Maybe she learned her lesson. I got up and walked to her. We hugged, but Bella's hand was still on the small of her back. "It's not your fault, okay? Everything is gonna be okay. I promise."