Sacrifice

Jacob POV

I drove and drove. I knew it would be a while, but I was starting to get really impatient. I wished Ness were here, so I wouldn't be as bored. 307123. I kept repeating it in my head. I didn't do it for memory; I knew where I was going, but I couldn't stop thinking about what possibly could be in that safe. Hours passed and it was now 9:00 pm. I yawned.

Finally, I got to the place I was looking for. I turned left on Jackson Street. I remember dad taking me there when I was little. He gave me a map, told me if he had ever passed and I didn't know where to go, to go there. Once I got to the address, there was the small yellow house I remembered. There was still no one living there. I parked and walked up to the door. I took a deep breath, for I knew I would see memories with my father here, and used my strength to open the door.

There wasn't anything in the house, no furniture, anything. The walls were painted a faint grey, and the floors were carpet. I walked slowly through the hallway into what was the living room. Obviously there wasn't much living in here anymore, so I wouldn't call it that now. I didn't know exactly where to look, but it was a pretty small house, so there weren't too many places to look. I looked in the kitchen, the bedrooms, the bathrooms, and the living room. Still nothing. Why couldn't he just lay something in the middle of the house saying "here Jake, this is what you're looking for."

But I was too curious to give up. Whatever my father had left for me is important. Otherwise he wouldn't have told me to do this. Come on Jake think. Think! I thought hard. Where would he hide it? Then something hit me. That's it! I ran to the living room. I knelt by the fireplace. When I was little, he used to show me how to light a fire. We did it every time we came here. I took out the old wood that had been sitting there for years. There was a tiny piece of paper laying in the dirt. I picked it up and and read it.

7~16~12. I smiled and ran back to the car. I couldn't wait to tell Renesmee. But I needed to go to the safe first. Ness would probably be asleep, anyways. It was already 10, by the time I got home it would be about 1. Good thing I didn't run, I'd be worn out. I stopped on the way there for some McDonalds, because I was starving. They seemed surprised to see me order two Big Macs when I was the only one in the car. I seem to get that a lot. But being a wolf and all, well, let's just say we eat a lot.

I finally got to where the guys took Billy's stuff. It was some storage place closer to town. I had stole the key before I left, cause I didn't want them to know. Especially Seth. When I got to his storage unit, I went straight to the safe. I put in the digits, 1149071612. It opened. "Yes!" I exclaimed without realizing it. There was a note and a picture. I took the note first, and read it.

Dear my dearest son,

I have most likely passed away before you are reading this, but I wanted to leave something special for you. You have grown so much. Don't wish you could have been a better son to me, Jacob, I know you are thinking that. You have been the best son anyone could ever have. You take the smallest things and make them the biggest. I know you have had bad times, especially as I'm writing this. You had just changed, and you and Bella had gotten in a fight. Do me a favor and tell Bella hi, would you? And also tell her that you love her. Whether that means as a friend or more. Never leave her side. She's brought out the best in you. The part that I love, my wonderful son. I will never be embarrassed to call you that. I care for you, Jake, more than you know. You mean the world to me. I have left this picture of us when you were little. I thought you needed something to remember be by. So if you're sad, mad, frustrated... Just read this note. I love you my son, never forget that.
Love, daddy.

I was sobbing. I cried on the word daddy. He would always be my daddy. "I love you too, dad," I managed to choke out. I sat there balling for quite a long time. It really wasn't like me to cry this much. But I wished he was here. I wish I could give him a big hug and tell him how much I love him. Tear after tear rolled down my cheeks. I took the picture. Me and Billy were fishing together; the first time I had ever fished. I almost fell in. I cried more and more until I finally took a deep breath and stopped. I put the picture in my bag as well as the note. I closed the safe and walked slowly to my car, never leaving my mind off him. I drove home, this time not speeding.

When I got to by bed I couldn't sleep. How could anyone after that? I wanted to see Renesmee. I ran out the door to her house. All the lights were off. Weird. Maybe the Cullens were out hunting. Before I even got to the door, I heard a scream. I broke down the door before I could even blink. Renesmee was tied up, a stranger behind her putting a knife to her neck.

"RENESMEE? WHO ARE YOU AND WHAT ARE YOU DOING?" By now I had already gotten hot and my skin was turning red. Renesmee continued screaming through the tape on her mouth. The stranger talked. "Ah well, your girlfriend will be fine... With one condition." He cut his knife into her cheek revealing blood rushing down. I already knew the stranger was a vampire based on their disgusting smell, but I did recognize this vampire... "You didn't answer my question!" I screamed. "Who are you?"

"Oh, don't you remember me? Dracula 1? Or Dracula 2, but I definitely prefer 1 better..." I growled. I knew who he was now, he was one of our witnesses for the "battle"we had with the Volturi. They got mad because we didn't fight. "Let her go," I said. But once I said that he dug the knife into her arm. She screamed. I jolted forward, but he blocked me. "It's not that easy. See, in order for our plan to work, we need someone to sacrifice their life to the Volturi." He moved to the other arm, and she screamed again. I ran but he still blocked me. "Where did you take them?" I asked. He raised his eye brows.

"Well, they were being a bit difficult—so we took them somewhere to stay for now. But don't worry, if you agree to do this, we will let them go as well as your little boo." I got more and more angry. But I couldn't phase. Something about Renesmee being here wouldn't let me. I wasn't gonna let her get hurt again. I had to do it. I wasn't gonna let something happen to her. Or Bella or Edward. "Ok—" but Ness's screaming was louder now. "Can you please take that stupid tape off of her?" I said impatiently. He rolled his eyes and tore the tape off. She was out of breath.

"Jake don't! Don't do this, please! Let me die, not you!" I closed my eyes. "I CANT DO THIS RENESMEE! I JUST CANT. I CANNOT SEE YOU NOT APART OF MY LIFE. I IMPRINTED ON YOU FOR A REASON, AND THIS IS IT! I LOVE YOU TOO MUCH TO LOSE YOU!" As much as I thought I had been done crying just a few minutes ago, I was balling once again. And so was the love of my life I was about to sacrifice myself for. "PLEASE JACOB NO!" But I was already walking towards the horrible vampire as he took me by the wrist and put the knife back into his pouch he had around his waist. "Wonderful," he said as I hissed at him. As soon as we weren't by Renesmee, I would phase and tear him to pieces.

He untied Ness and she launched towards me. He pushed her away saying, "Silly girl." We started walking towards the door. As soon as we were outside, I raced towards him and soon enough I was on top of him. I guess he knew this was going to happen, because he took something that looked like a shot and impaled it in my fur. My eyes drooped, and I suddenly felt dizzy. The last thing I remembered hearing was Bella's voice. "YOU DEMON BETTER GET AWAY FROM—" and I was out.