Date

Jacob POV

I looked in the mirror. I had my black suit on that Alice made me wear. I didn't really see why people dressed up for funerals. I fixed my tie and put my shoes on. The funeral was going to be at the beach. They suggested somewhere nicer, but I said no. This was where Billy had lived. This was where he raised me. A tear flowed down my face when I looked at my father's picture. I wished I had never left him when I got mad. I knew it hurt him.

I took a deep breath and put on the ring he had always worn. I walked out the door, to the beach. Everyone was already there. I was either late or they were all early. I looked at my watch. 3:00 on the dot. So I was exactly on time. All of the pack were there, and so were all of the Cullens. It really meant a lot to me that they came. As much as I hated vampires, they really were nice people.

I picked Renesmee out from the crowd. She was wearing a black dress with lace long sleeves that came right above her knees. Her hair was in a half up  half down hair do. She looked beautiful. I kept staring at her, even though I saw Edward was eyeing me in the corner of my eye. She looked up at me and smiled. I sat between Ness and Rosalie. Ugh, I never liked Rosalie. She acted like she cared about Bella when she was pregnant, but really all she wanted was the baby.

At the time I wanted to snap her head off, but after I felt kinda glad she had kept her alive. Without her, I don't know what I would be. Actually, the Cullens probably wouldn't be here. Maybe Bella. The service started as Carisle read parts from the bible. If it wasn't someone I cared about who was dying, I would have fallen asleep by now. But it was my dad. I cried several times, but I didn't ball. About 20 minutes into it, I realized Renesmee's hand was on the arm of the chair. It was just sitting there, like it was an empty cup waiting to be filled. I wanted to hold her hand.

I was scared though. Do I just grab it? Or do I reach for it slowly? I put my arm on my arm of my chair, but we still didn't touch. When Seth went up to say a few words, I lost it again. Tears were dropping in my lap. Nessie seemed to have saw, because she did the move I was waiting to do. She reached for my hand and I gave it to her. Our fingers were interlocked.

I had a choice if I wanted to say anything for the funeral, but I denied. There was no way I was going to cry in front of everyone. Soon the funeral ended and everyone was walking on the beach. But I stayed by my fathers grave. I took my ring off and buried it with him. "I will never forget you, daddy." I inhaled and walked away. Goodbye, dad. I went to Renesmee as she was talking to her parents. I knew she was grounded, but only for a month, and she could still see me. She smiled at me when I came. Just like Bella did whenever I came to the Cullen's house, when she was pregnant.

Edward spoke first. "Jacob, you may have Renesmee for the rest of the day. Bring her back by 8." It was acting like one of those overprotective fathers. But I nodded and me and Renesmee went by the shore to take a walk. Her hair blew in the wind. She was so beautiful. I never wanted to let her go. Maybe I should ask her to go somewhere?

"Hey Ness, do you... Er... Want to go somewhere? Like the movies or a restaurant or..." She looked up at me with surprise. "Is Jacob Black asking me on a date?" She laughed. I laughed back. "I guess so. What do you say?" She took my hand. "Alright Mr. Gentleman, show me what you got." I chuckled and we ran to my new Chevi she had bought me. I opened the door for her and I got in the other side. I decided to take her to the movies first, and then out to eat.

"What do you want to see?" I asked her after naming all of the movies out in theaters. She had never gone to the movies, of course I had to take her. "Umm... That horror romance movie sounded cool." I nodded in agreement, even though I really didn't care what we went to. The last time I went to the movies it was with Bella, back in her human days. We were with that stupid guy Mike, who couldn't stand one single knife. Pathetic.

That's one thing I liked about Nessie, she wasn't scared of anything. Not one. When we got there, I payed for the tickets, (even though she almost fought me because she wanted to buy her own) and headed to the movie. Since we were eating afterwards, I didn't see a point in getting snacks. Before the movie started, since there's a thousand previews, I asked her some questions.

"So what did you ask that Nahuel guy? I thought you knew everything?" She shook her head. "Not everything. I just asked him about what I could eat, what I couldn't eat, why I could do certain things, why I couldn't do certain things... Stuff like that." I wondered what he said. "What did he say?" "Oh just that I could eat basically anything, and I grew fast because, well, I couldn't not grow because I would be in my moms stomach forever, and I couldn't grow normally because I had to be half and half, a human and a vampire." Well, there had to be more than that. But I just said, "Oh, okay."

But she wasn't finished. "What about you? Why didn't you tell me you imprinted on me? And what did it feel like?" I told her, and she listened with big eyes. Not long after that the movie started. It was okay, but it could have used a little more horror. It was a bit cheesy too.

But I was barely paying attention to the movie. I kept wanting to put my arm around the girl that I loved. I kept finding an excuse not to. Like she was moving, my arm was stuck, I had to use the bathroom. But really I just wanted to snuggle her up in my arms. About half way through the movie, I finally made my move. I pretended like I was stretching, (yep, typical guy move) and carefully put one arm around her. She smiled. Yes! I did it right! I watched the rest of the movie, happy as ever.

When the movie ended, we went to her favorite restaurant, IHOP. She loved eggs, it was her favorite food. Probably because that's all Bella would ever eat when she was pregnant. We talked and talked for what seemed like forever. This was the best night I have ever had. I dropped her off at her house at 7:45. I got out, and hugged her goodbye. There was no way I was leaving this beautiful girl without at least one kiss.

I leaned my face closer, almost touching, but then she jerked away. What? What did I do? Did I do something wrong? I didn't understand. Just a minute ago she acted like I was her favorite person in the world. Girls these days. I looked at her confused. "I'm sorry, I can't do this." And she was gone.