Whispers

Renesmee POV

The next few days rolled on slowly. We had thought she would come earlier, but when we were ready she wasn't. She must have changed her mind. We now spent 95% of the time at grandpa's house. They discussed what each person's role and position was, how we are going to distract her and now, what they were going to do with me.

I was slightly okay with being the baby of the group but slightly not. I was glad I didn't have to participate in all this planning, because I wasn't very good at that. But I didn't like how they always left me out on things like this. I also really, really, really didn't like the fact that Jacob was fighting and I wasn't. I didn't want him hurt. I knew he was strong, but that doesn't mean that he's stronger. Even if I told him that he wouldn't listen, he would just say that's he's got this and it's fine. Which is an understatement in my opinion.

"Maybe Jacob can stay with her. She feels the most safe with him," Aunt Alice said. I smiled and came out a little bit behind Jake. He pushed me back an inch. "No way, I'm fighting. You know I can't back away from a fight with bloodsuckers." I growled and pushed him over. He laughed as I rolled my eyes. I hated when he called vampires that. "Are you sure, Jacob?" grandma Esme asked. "We can figure out a way to make it work." I took Jacob's hand and looked up at him hopefully.

"No, Nessie. I'm fighting. If I need to keep you safe I need to fight." I sighed and let go of his hand. "I don't need to be kept safe," I whined. He looked at me with disbelief and looked back at the group. Of course, no one ever listens to me. "Then someone needs to step out to take care of Nessie," mom said. Rosalie stepped forward. "I will," she said. There wasn't much of an argument, or any surprise. Rosalie had always wanted a child. Even though I look just as old as she is, she still thought of me as her daughter she never had.

We were going to get ready tomorrow. Uncle Jasper and Emmet were going to start by leaving a trail of blood. I wasn't entirely sure what the whole plan was, they usually discussed it when I was asleep. As long as I knew what I was doing, they saw no purpose. Jacob went home early to talk to the pack. I didn't want him to—I really wanted him to stay with me, but I didn't say anything and just let him go.

I took a bath to cool down and listen to music. I almost fell asleep, but a loud sound of a book falling on the floor woke me up. There was no way that was an accident, someone must have been mad. Everyone was still here, so I figured it was between any of the men. I mean, girls don't usually show their anger by throwing stuff and yelling like guys do.

After I drained out the water and dried off, I went back to my room in my robe. I pulled out my pajama drawer, looking through it. I took some black yoga pants I usually wore to sleep, since it was so cold in the house. I threw them on and then threw a sweatshirt on. I laid down and grabbed my book.

After about fifteen minutes I put my book down and turned to my side. I took a deep breath. I had to admit, I was scared. Not for me, but for my family. It was like the Volturi fight all again. I didn't want anyone to get hurt. I heard a knock on the door. "Honey, can I come in?" I heard my dad say. "Yes," I said back. He came in and sat on the corner of my bed. He could tell I was worried. "Don't worry, sweetie. We've had experience with this stuff many times. We will be fine." I closed my eyes and sighed. He came closer to hug me and I hugged him back.

"Promise?" I asked. I shut my eyes right into his cold chest, but I was not crying. "Promise," he said. When he left my room I went to sleep. Luckily I didn't have a nightmare, or any dream for what I remember. The plan was that Rosalie was going to take me somewhere and we would stay in a tent. Not too too far, but far enough they couldn't smell my scent. I had to get up at 5:30, which wasn't so bad, since I usually wake up early anyway.