Vexation

Renesmee POV

We spent the rest of the day with popcorn and movies. We were watching a Star Wars marathon. We ended up watching four of them, until Jake finally got too tired to stay up. Jacob fell asleep first, so I woke him up. I knew I could probably carry him, but I felt like that would be too weird. So I tapped his shoulder a couple times until his eyes fluttered open. "Hey, go to the bed, you're falling asleep." He seemed to only half-heard me, but he obeyed and got up to walk to the bedroom.

When he was fast asleep on the bed, snoring, I decided to go for a swim. I got my swimsuit on and felt the water rising up my body. It wasn't really cold, it felt like a warm bath. I went more down so that my hair was touching the water. I leaned my head back to get my hair wet. I stood staring at the moon like something was going to happen to it, but it just stood there looking as beautiful as ever. I dove underwater to look at the fish. There were tiny fish swimming around rather fast, probably were scared of me. That's one reason why I didn't want to go to school, because I thought people would think I was weird, that they would be scared of me. But I do wonder, though, what it would be like to go to school. I would finally feel normal. Even if I did go to school, I wouldn't need to. I learned quite fast being who I was. But I would be the smartest person in class, always getting A's and 100's with everyone wondering how it's possible. But maybe I wouldn't want to be recognized...

I decided to stop thinking about that and move on. I swam farther, seeing fish swim away as I swam closer. It was really convenient to not have to breathe as much, it was like I could almost live underwater. I swam up to the surface to feel that I was no longer touching the ground. I paddled my feet quicker and breathstroked my arms. I enjoyed swimming, it was like exercising but you didn't get hot or sweaty. Not like I needed to exercise anyway.

I swam around for about ten more minutes when I finally decided to head back. While I was changing back into my pajamas, I looked in the mirror. Why would he ask me to marry him? I didn't understand why he would love a girl like me. I smiled. We were actually marrying. We were going to be husband and wife. It was hard to believe that after all these years of being best friends, we would be soulmates. Cooking together, sleeping together, living together, there were no limits when we were finally together forever. And I looked in the mirror, and saw the girl that will soon and proudly be, Renesmee Carlie Black.

I picked up my stuff and went back to the bedroom. Jacob was snoring even more now, loud enough I was surprised to see I didn't hear him all the way outside. I managed to hear a ding from his phone over his snoring. I walked over to the nightstand to look at it. It was a voicemail from Grandpa Carlisle, so I took his phone and clicked on it. I put it up to my ear as he spoke:

"Hello Jacob, this is Carlisle. I assume Edward has already told you what has been going on. The date has moved closer, Jacob. Don't be frightened, but we need to make a plan, and for that we need you. Victoria's sister will not be far from killing us all. She is a newborn. Of course she's not the most trained one, but she may still be able to win. I trust that you do not tell Renes—"

Then someone else spoke that wasn't meant to be heard in the voicemail.

"Carisle, don't say anymore! Alice! She didn't tell us that she saw Ness—" and it beeped.

This didn't make sense. Jacob had told me that the call from my dad had been about a newborn that didn't know what they were doing, not Victoria's sister who was trying to kill my family! Why hadn't he told me this? Why hadn't he just told me the truth? I bet dad told him not to tell me. They think I'm too weak, I hated that. They're always underestimating me. I was tired of it. I set the phone down trying very hard not to slam it. I would be so mad at Jacob tomorrow. It was too late and we were both too tired to talk about it now. I turned the lamp off and climbed into the bed. Instead of cuddling with him I turned the other day and got in a little ball. I was too pissed to sleep until about ten minutes later it finally came around.

"Ness? You awake?" I heard a voice behind my head. As soon as I heard it, I grabbed all I was mad about last night into my head. I decided to give him the silent treatment. He waited for a minute, then said something else. "What's wrong?" I still didn't respond. I wasn't ready to yell at him yet. I had to get all I had to say in my mind before I just blurted something out. "Did I do something?" he asked. I sighed as my vexation got the best of me.

"Did you do something? Really? You didn't lie to me about that phone call? You didn't just tell me the truth?" He touched my shoulder to pull my face towards him, but I jerked back. I felt the bed jump up as he got off the bed. He came around to look at me in my face. He looked so sympathetic it was hard to still be mad at him. "I'm sorry Ness. Edward told me not to tell you. We didn't want you to worry, and not be happy. That's all we—"

"Sorry isn't going to cut it! I thought when you asked to marry me you meant you were never going to lie to me, but I was wrong! Apparently I'm too weak to know anything, so you have to keep all these secrets from me and—" I was now standing up trying to fight away the tears. My eyes were so watery I could barely see Jacob's face. "I'm sorry, Ness," he started. "I knew I should have told you. I shouldn't have lied to you." That still didn't break down my madness. "Well, maybe I shouldn't have even said yes to your stupid proposal!" I said before thinking. I automatically realized what I had said when Jacob looked heartbroken. I could see the imaginary hole in his chest I had just created. There was a silence, and finally I broke it with my sobs.

He knew I felt sorry, and came and hugged me as tight as possible. I cried into his soft hot bare chest. My hands were on my face, so I didn't get tears all over him. I cried quite loudly until my breathing finally got slower and quieter. My tears started to slow down, and I began to feel more and more comfortable in his arms. "I should be the one crying, not you," he said. I half-laughed half-cried. I knew he knew I never cried much. I only cried when it came to the ones I loved the most. One including Jacob.

"I'm sorry I said that. I didn't mean it. I shouldn't have been so mad at you," I said calmly. He sighed. "It's okay Nessie. I still love you. I will always love you." I smiled in between my fingers. I moved my hands around his body. "I love you too," I said. "Always." He leaned back as I did too, and we kissed on our perfect cloud once again. I felt his hands on my hair, sliding down to my neck, and down my spine. It's crazy how one second you hate a person and one second later you love that person. But life is weird that way. Love is weird. And we embraced that.

P.S. This is kind of a short chapter, but I just wanted to ask for any requests or anything? Please comment anything you would like to see happen next!