Chapter 78: Mend

Jungkook~ POV
-----------------------------------------------------------

Over the course of the week, I have felt a lot better. Sure I heard some of my friends left the city or to go chase their dreams. I've been a little distant, but it's only natural. News about the Paper Gang has died down, and I've gotten used to it. I only had a breakdown once, but that was after V and I talked.

I felt much, much better.

I can't forget about everything, but I'll learn to live with it.

That is the only way.

I'll accept that my parents and my brother were different from me.

A lot of people who heard the news in the department gave me pity, but they stopped. I was glad. I remembered a random superior asked if I wanted to visit my father too. I don't remember what I said, but I didn't visit him.

Honestly, I wanted too. I wanted to confess and speak my mind and my heart. I wanted to shout and cry, but I'll hold it in for now. If I saw his face again, I would not mend well. Maybe one day, just one day.

I had to accept it either way. My captain assigned me to train a small squad of patrol officers. Our first given task was to "clear" the Paper Gang territory.

I was anxious to visit the place so I took off for a week or so.

Aish.

What kind of mentor am I?!

I paced bacl and forth in my small office space. I was earlier than usual, but I wanted to meet my team. This was my first time teaching someone, let alone, a group.

I was suppose to have them look after homicide cases, but the Paper Gang had left something wild. We need to bring it up on the surface and reveal their real plans. It's frightening.

My desk was flooded with reports. I read some and was a little surprised at the professional work. Though, I cringed as I saw incomplete or overdone ones.

They got a lot to learn.

And I'll teach them.

I laughed silently to myself.

The precinct wanted a "damaged", amateur officer to teach trainees.

I chuckled out loud as I spun in my chair from pacing too much.

But you're not damaged.

If you were, you wouldn't even be here right now.

I stilled myself and started to organize my desk.

I'm a mentor now.

My job.

I smiled as my hand hovered over my police badge. Jimin gave it to me before he left. He said Jin picked it up. I gave him my thanks at his mom's funeral.

Poor guy.

I remember seeing Rapmonster's sister too. I didn't know their story, but I heard it was a miracle. The funeral was also the last time I saw Suga and J-Hope.

Suga, I hope he's with calm waters with his family. Hearing a little part of him that one time ago was "refreshing". I remember him bleeding out in the floor in the bar.

J-Hope, I'm relieved that he has somewhere to go. It's a little upsetting to see a guy drink for the rest of his life alone. I remember when I saw the guy being held hostage by Bunny.

That was also the same day I saw Jin. He was with an older woman rushing to the sides. I remember he was so panicky, but he was actually a calm guy.

Oh my.

I remember bumping into Jimin. The guy got mugged and lost his job with a week. But, he's better now. Which is good.

I have seen V before the incident. I just never bothered to talk to him. We were same age and he ran to me first in grey shorts. Yet, he was the only one who heard my call. V has much potential.

First memories of some of my friends. Kinda humorous.

Rapmonster was in an alley, bleeding. I couldn't even get a good look of his face. The boy who turned out to be a ordinary hotel worker held a valuable tie to the Paper Gang.

These people that I met that day have been apart of my routine since. Things have changed, but I have a feeling we'll round up again.

We were linked after all.

I decided to get some coffee. I was really early.

I turned around to see one of trainees. I had seven in total. She was the temporary leader before the role was filled by me.

"Good morning X, you're quite early."

"You too, I was just going to hand in yesterday's work," she said as she placed another stack of papers on my desk.

I nodded and viewed each report.

"I'll be back, I'm going to get breakfast. Please check out our work and our collected evidence. They're behind your other chair," X pointed to it,"I hope you'll join us on our search today. The sewers are a large place and cyanide levels have lowered."

"Absolutely, sorry for my absence. Thank you," I answered back.

The new patrol officer walked off and I search through the clues.

"No way," I muttered.

There was a variety of white animal masks.

Was Fox planning to leave a legacy?!

There was blueprints of unusual weapons and huts. There was receipts for illegal cyanide purchases. Tons of ideas and projects could have been achieved.

I shuddered as I read a recipe for a "knock out" drug.

My hand stopped reaching when I pinpointed the mask.

Bear mask.

I though they grabbed you already.

I have unclear feelings about it.

What should I do?

Forget this whole experience?

Or "relive" it?

I sighed and grabbed the mask.

Those are some really terrible choices.

I thought about it for a minute and finally came to a decision.

I'll keep it, but I'll keep it hidden from my view.

That's how I'll live with myself, "satisfied" and "breached".

And that's how, I'll mend.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Guys this is the end ~
Enjoyyy <3
If likey plz vote!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯