The Day has Come

BEEP BEEP BEEP

I groaned as I slammed my hand on my alarm clock to shut the stupid thing up. Ah my friends the day has come for me to return to school. Yaaaayy can you tell how not excited I am?

I got out of bed fairly quick and went to the rest room to brush my teeth and wash my face. This is probably the only day I will get up on time for school. Not gonna lie, I was always kind of looking forward to the first day because I get to have classes with all my friends. None the less still upset because I had to go to school allll year  long. It wouldn't be bad if I only went like once a week ya know? I walked out of the bathroom and grabbed my makeup. I quickly applied my foundation and put on my mascara. I heard my phone buzzing and I ran over to my night stand hoping it was Joel.

"Oh hey Isaac"

"Why so disappointed? Is it because you thought I was your boyfriends or because you're up at six in the morning"

"Both" we laughed a little and I walked over to my closet to find an outfit to wear. Gosh I really should have picked my outfit out last night that way I wouldn't have to worry about it right now.

"So are we taking my car or your car today?"

"Isaac you've driven me around everywhere since I got here, so we're taking Benzy"

"As you wish"

"Here I'm gonna facetime you so you can help me pick out my outfit"

"Oh boy"

"Shhh don't complain, you have a girl as your best friend what did you expect"

"Alright alright, this better not take more than ten minutes!" I rolled my eyes and pushed the facetime button.

"It's 6:30 and you already have your makeup done?! Wow nicely done, usually you would still be sleeping at this time and I would have to call you to get your lazy ass up"

"Yeah yeah yeah whatever, I have to wake you up sometimes too!" I fought back as I pulled out my straightener. We didn't talk we just both were in our bathrooms doing our hair. We're weird like that.

"Done!" I said feeling accomplished

"I was done five minutes ago" I stuck my tongue out at him and walked over to my closet.

Five outfits, and a bowl of cereal later....

I pulled into Isaac's driveway and texted him to come out. He ran out of the house with his backpack and an apple in his hand.

"Get in loser we're going to school"

2 months later...

I got home from another day of school. Yaaaaay. When will this end like seriously. I say we cut school short and end in in November, c'mon who's with me? No? No, okay.

"Hey guys I'm home!"

"Hey!" they all yelled back. I dragged myself up the stairs and threw my books and my bags in my room. I pulled out my phone and dialed Joel's number. We haven't talked all day, he hasn't even texted me. The phone rang and rang and rang but he didn't pick up. Great. Whatever he's probably busy like always. I let out a huff and walked over to my closet. I pulled out some shorts and a tshirt. I pulled my phone out again and called Yoandri this time.  No answer either. I let out another sigh and grabbed my clothes.

"Sorry I didn't answer, you have horrible signal from under your bed."

"Yeah sorry Fatima"

I jumped back terrified at the sudden voices that popped out of no where. I looked up and saw the two people I wanted to see the most.

"Oh my gosh what are you guys doing here?! I missed you guys so much!" I yelled as I ran into their arms. Joel & Yoandri.

"Well since we won't be able to come during Thanksgiving, they gave us some time off now" Instead of answering I gave them another giant hug,

"Well since we basically snuck into the house, you're the only one who knows we're here so I should probably go say hi to the rest of the family" Yoandri said as he walked out of my room.

I felt Joel's hand wrap around my wrist and pull me closer to him. Before I knew it his lips were once again planted on mine. Those lips that I missed so much.

"I missed this feeling so much, don't ever leave me again Fatima"

4 days later...

Yoandri and Joel were going to stay  a week but then they had to fly back. I admit I was upset it was such little time but we were going to make the best of it. Joel decided he was going to spend four days with his family and then the rest he was going to spend with three with me. Which I completely understand. I mean I would like to spend time with my family too. Either way its not like I've had much time myself. Isaac and I have had loads of homework all week. WHEN WILL IT END AHHHHH. Either way Joel and I literally text nonstop which is part of the reason I don't get my work finished fast enough. Sorry not sorry.

He said he would be at Yoandri's place when school was over. We were all going to hang out since its Friday whoo hooo! and then Saturday was for him and me also most of Sunday until I take them both to the airport. NOOOOOO stay with meeeeeeee.

I was on my way to Yoandri's house when my phone started to ring. I checked who it was and Joel's name popped up on the screen.

"I'm almost there!" I said excited!

"Fatima I am so so sorry but..."

"Joel what's wrong are you okay?" I asked paniced

"Yeah don't worrry about me I'm fine, and I hope you will be too after I tell you this"

"Joel, you're scaring me what's going on?"

Joel's POV

Gosh I felt so bad. I didn't want to do this to her, I know how much she was looking forward to spending time with  me but I had no choice.

"I have to go"

"You what?"

"I have a family emergency. My cousin is in the hospital and we need to go now. He's all the way in Texas and I won't be coming back. Right after I visit him I'm going to need to go back to La Banda"

Fatima's POV

My stomach dropped and my eyes began to sting. I wasn't going to be able to spend time with him. The one thing that I wanted the most.

"Fatima?" his voice snapped me out of my thoughts

"Yeah I'm here"

"I'm so sorry baby" I could tell that he felt really bad about this but I couldn't blame him.

"No no it's okay. I completely understand, you need to go"

"Thank you for understanding"

"Of course"

"Okay well I have to go now, I promise I'll text you whenever I can"

"Yeah of course be safe"

"Okay I love you bye"

Wait what now? Come again. DID HE JUST SAY HE LOVES ME?! WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK. HE JUST SAID I LOVE  YOU. OH MY LANTA. WTF.