Invisible

"Joel! Joel!" I looked around frantically. I heard the some voices off in the distance. I turned around and saw him standing there. I felt a flood of relief and I began to walk to him. Just as I was about to reach him a group of people began to surround him. I walked up and weaved my way through.

"Excuse me. Sorry. Excuse me" I said as I made my way past all the people. I finally reach Joel and called after him.

"Joel" Nothing.

"Joel!" Again nothing. Its like he didn't hear me.

"Joel!!" I yelled. He slowly began to turn around. He looked down at me with a blank expression.

"Joel I've bee-" before I could finish my sentence he shoved passed me and walked towards someone else. I furrowed my brows in confusion and turned around to look at him.

"Joel?" Once again it's like he didn't hear me. Its like he didn't acknowledge my existence. Before I could call out for him again someone else did. It was a girl. I couldn't really see her face but he went up to her and wrapped his arms around her waist.

"Joel??" I called out, a pit growing in my stomach. He began to turn around to look at me but the other girl also called out his name. Without hesitation he turned his back to me and began to walk towards the girl once again. What?

"Joel what are you doing?" I tried to move my legs towards him but my feet wouldn't budge. He turned around hand in hand with the other girl. They began to walk towards me. Its as if I wasn't even there. He walked straight into me.

"Hey watch where you're going" He spat. He then turned around and walked off with the unknown female.

"Joel" I choked out. Barely audible. Tears streamed down my face as I watched him walk away with someone else. I watched him leave me as if I had never existed. Like I was invisible.

My eyes shot open. I felt a single tear fall across my wet face. I felt an arm snaked around my waist. I turned around to see Joel sleeping peacefully pressed up against me. What? It wasn't real. A flood of relief soon washed over me. It wasn't real. He moved around a bit and he slowly opened his eyes. I quickly brought my hands up to my tear stained face and wiped it. He looked at me and smiled but it quickly vanished.

"Hey what's wrong?" He asked his voice clearly laced with concern. We both sat up and he pulled me closer to him.

"N-nothing, I'm fine. I-I just yawn a couple times that's all" I said as I tried my best to give him a sincere smile.

"Fatima don't lie to me" He said as he looked into my eyes.

"I know you and I know something is wrong so why don't we both save us the time and cut to the chase" He said as he grabbed my hand. I sighed and looked away. Dang it. There was no way out of this one.

"It was just a bad dream that's all" I said. I began to get up from the bed but Joel pulled me back to him. He gave me a stern look but at the same time you could tell he was worried.

"I was looking for you, but I couldn't find you. I-I was scared. When I finally did find you, you didn't..."

"I didn't what?"

"You didn't care about me.... You acted as if I didn't exist and then.... a girl came along. I was calling and calling and calling out your name but you didn't listen. You turned around and looked straight through me. So I watched you walk off with someone else completely forgetting about me and not hesitating one bit. You didn't even look back" I untangled my hand from his and I looked down at the bed. I fiddled with my fingers waiting for his response.

"Hey look at me" He said as he lifted my chin up to look into his soft brown eyes. I could tell he looked guilty and that was the last thing I wanted.

"I would never ever leave you. You mean more to me than you could ever imagine" He said. I jumped at him and engulfed him in a giant hug.

"You don't ever have to worry about me leaving you because that is never going to happen. No matter what I will always always be there right next to you." he whispered in my ear as he kissed my forehead. I dug my face into his neck and let myself be comforted. I felt so safe, so happy in his arms and I never wanted to leave but most importantly I never wanted him to leave.