Chapter 15

When I woke up Dominic was gone and Ivan was in the room. I inhaled quite quickly. It had surprised me to see him in the chair. I tried to pretend I was sleeping but it was to late Ivan had noticed me. 

"Little V?" he whispered.

"What do you want?" I said curtly

"I just want to apologize for how I treated you. I over reacted." Ivan said with a low voice. I kept silent and he continued. "I just. I got so worried and I had no idea where you had gone. Then I saw that you got in a car and I figured you were going to the party I heard. Some girls had invited me but I declined to go so I could be with you. You know I love you and I wouldn't want to be with anyone else in a day as special as me coming back. Then you left me alone and I just went insane. I had to find you."

I decided to say something now, since he had been silent for some moments. "Look, you had never treated me like this and it scared the crap out of me. I don't know if you'll hurt me again. I mean I'm in the hospital because of you. If you really loved me why would you go with that girl the last day you were leaving huh?"

"Oh so that is what this is really about?" he asked.

"No. It's about how you hurt me. How I don't trust you enough okay?" I said in a dead tone. with no emotion at all. I was doing my best to control myself. "It's about how you say one thing but do another one. It's about how tired I am about just believing your words and not noticing your actions. It's about how you are not honest about anything." I finished but my voice was now full of emotion and I felt tears fall to my cheeks in a matter of moments.

"You want me to be honest with you?"

"Please." I whispered.

"The truth is I just came back to see you one last time before I extend my time in the deployment okay? I know I was working on computers but now they have asked me to go into the actual battlefield and I wanted to say goodbye properly. You know in case it's the last time I see you."

"Oh." That's what I said. That was the only thing I could say. It was the only thing that came into mind. I knew that last time he would be okay and we could occasionally  talk but this was different. He would be I don't know where. With out connection. How would I know if something happened to him. "For how much time?" I just wanted this nightmare to be over.

"for the rest of my deployment. Which would be around 9 months maybe 10."

"Oh." There I go again with that stupid reply. "When do you leave again?" 

"In about 4 hours. You know the process it takes 24 hours to get to my destination and then stay their for 2 days to get used to the weather and then they ship us to where ever they feel like shipping me off."

"Yeah I know." The bad thoughts came back to me. Just like the first time. "When can I get out of here?" I asked hoping he said now so we can hang out.

"Now actually. You are all set. I brought you a change of clothes. something I went and bought for you from American Apparel." Ivan said putting the bag on top of the bed. "There is everything you need in here and there should be a shower in the restroom." 

"Thanks." I said as I got up and walked to the restroom.

******

While I was in the shower I noticed the water red and thanked life that I got my period in the shower and not in my white underwear and the hospital bed. Then I started freaking out because I didn't have tampons or pads. When I washed myself again and rinsed myself I noticed the bruises in my body but I ignored them. It was just a bad night for both us. As I dried my self I started getting everything from my duffel bag. There was my body spray and deodorant and a packet of a combo of pads and tampons, with a little note that said "You probably forgot but it's your time of the month" I was thankful that he new me so much and changed to my outfit. They were this tight black high waist shorts and a crop top with white converse. I got my hair in a top knot and put on the choker and earrings that came along with it. 

When I got out I noticed that Ivan was patiently waiting for me playing some game in his phone. I coughed and he looked up. 

"Beautiful as always." Ivan said with a smile in his face. I blushed. Just like the old times. He walked over to me grabbed my bag with what I had been wearing and put it on his shoulders as he put his arm around my shoulders, and just like this we walked out of the hospital and into a Uber that was apparently waiting for us. When I looked at who it was I smiled. It was the dude from Walmart. I think his name was Rafael. 

"Thought you were with my nigga Dominic?" Rafael said curtly. 

"It's not official plus he is just my best friend." I said as I turned around to discuss what we were gonna do for the next three hours. Well more like two because he had to be there and hour earlier.

*******

 We decided to go to the mall and buy those matching shirts that were made there.  We chose ones that said "forever yours" one was more manly than the other but still matching. We decided to change to those shirts immediately. We then roamed around the mall for the rest of the time. Drinking Starbucks and looking at clothes. Before we knew it, it was time for him to go to the airport. He wanted to take me home first but I declined.  

When we got to the airport we waited until they called him to go. He then quickly grabbed me and hugged me like there was no tomorrow. I started crying and hugged him with the same intensity. I didn't want to let go. I didn't want to accept the fact that he was leaving.

"I love you baby-girl." Ivan whispered in my ear and I just sobbed even more. 

"I love you too Ivan. I always will. I'm so sorry about everything I never meant anything I said."

"It's okay I deserved it, either way I forgive you."  He then pulled away and I felt cold all of a sudden. I didn't want him to leave. Ivan then pulled out some dog tags and gave me one. "Here have this dog tag it has my information. I will be wearing the same exact one over there everyday and if something happens you will be the first one to know you will be my number one in my contact list." I just nodded my head and accepted the dog tags. I was still crying. "Hey look at me. This is not the end okay? I'll be back before you know it. I promise. Plus I will write letters to you and you'll write back."

"How can you be so strong?" I asked as I leaned into him and hugged him again.

"Because I have a very good reason to come back home. You." I couldn't help myself I got in my tip toes and kissed him. He was shocked at first but quickly replied. The kiss was sweet and delicate.

"Come back safe." I said as I let go of him with all of my strength. 

"I will I promise." He said as he turned around and got into the plane. He came for me and now he is gone and I didn't know if I was ever gonna see him again. I stared at the plane until it disappeared into the clouds and it was no longer visible. My heart was left with a big hole that only Ivan could fulfill.