Chapter 14

Dominic hanged up and started heading somewhere unknown. 

"Where are we going?" I asked as I put my seat-belt on.

"By any chance is your "problems" have to do with a tall dude named Ivan?"

"Uh yeah." 

"He is creating a chaos at the party I was heading too, before I had picked you up." 

"Oh my god I can't believe him." 

"Yeah he is threatening on calling the cops if you don't get there in five minutes."

"Oh god he probably isn't playing." 

 "Yeah I figured." was the last thing he said as he drifted and entered a back road. As soon as we where away from the street he started speeding. It went from 45 m/hr to 55 then 60 and before I knew it he was driving at 80. I usually didn't mind people going fast, I kind of like the adrenaline, but this was way too much for a dark passage we could barely see. I closed my eyes so I wouldn't panic. After about 5 minutes we were coming to a stop.

We where in the middle of nowhere. There was just an unfinished building and a bunch of cars outside. Music wasn't even playing and I thought it was weird. I mean it was suppose to be a party right?

Dominic probably knew what was going on so he ran over to the building. I ran after him. When we went inside I saw Ivan, in the middle of the crowed. "Ivan what the heck are you doing disturbing a party to look for me? huh?" I asked when I was close enough for him to hear me. He turned around and his eyes were red with fury. I had never seen him like this. He walked over to me, not gonna lie I was pretty scared, he then grabbed my arm hard and pulled me to the door. "DON'T YOU DARE DO THAT TO ME OKAY?!?!?!" He yelled right in my face and even spit a little. I was panicked plus it was so embarrassing. "You're hurting me." I whimpered. I was scared and he really was hurting me. My eyes started watering from how hard he was holding me. I could feel the bruises starting. 

Nobody was doing anything. I guess they were all surprised by his aggressiveness. "YOU EVER DO THIS TO ME AGAIN AND YOU WILL REGRET IT VERY BAD OKAY!!!." he kept yelling. He was a whole different person. "I don't know who this is" I kept thinking to myself. "Okay." I whispered.

"Speak Louder!" Ivan yelled as he slapped me right in my face. My tears were dropping and my cheek felt as if it was on fire. That is when a voice finally intervene. 

"Don't ever touch her again you animal."Dominic said as he punched him squared in the nose. Ivan fell to the floor but he got up fast again. Mathew grabbed him from his arms and Dominic started punching the crap out of him. Everyone started cheering for Dominic and Mathew but all I could do was yell at them to stop. The last thing I saw was blood coming out from Ivan face as a layer of darkness came over me and I slowly faded out.

---------------

When I woke up I saw a bright light on the roof and the walls where white. There was someone sleeping in a chair and someone else in the floor. I couldn't see their faces. I figured I was in the hospital but I couldn't remember why. I had a headache and my wrists hurt unbelievable just like the left part of my face. As the guy in the chair turned slowly I saw that it was Dominic. I didn't want to wake him up, but I wanted to remember what had happened.

"Psst. Psst. Dominic?" I whispered yelled. He didn't even nudge so I decide to actually yell. "Dominic!" He woke up with the face that was more confused than anything but still very attractive. I couldn't help it I cracked up.

"Ha ha very funny." Dominic said with a very deep voice. Deeper than usual, it was kind of groggy too. It made my stomach do all kinds of crazy flips. I continued laughing. "It's nice to see you smile again. You scared me so much yesterday. Now I know you don't really like blood." When Dominic said that last sentence everything came back to me in a flash and I started to have an attack. I got scared. I wanted to know where Ivan was and if he was okay. I think Dominic probably realized that I was thinking about Ivan because he just said, "He's in the floor." as he went to grab my hand. For moral support I suppose.

When I noticed that Ivan was waking up I held tighter to Dominic's hand. All Dominic had to do for me to calm down was rubbed my hand with his thumb as he took a seat next to me and got in a protective form. It didn't take long for Ivan to remember where he was and what had happened last night. I guess it's true that we all have those 5 seconds of amnesia. He stood up real quick and walked towards me. I scooted closer to Dominic and closed my eyes. "Back off." Dominic said, almost a whisper and deep enough to scare me, trying to protect me. The thought almost made me smile but then I remembered he was trying to protect me from my 'best friend.' 

"Little H, Please look at me." Ivan said with his voice breaking as if he was about to cry.

I took a deep breath in and with all my energies I tried to make my voice sound even, "Do not dare call me that, ever again."

"But it's your nickname and I'm is Big I remember."

"I remember you slapping me! Hurting me! Yelling at me!" I said, my voice getting a little louder each time as it turned into a scream. I was mad. I was disappointed. I felt emotionally and physically drained. 

"I was drunk."

"Bullshit! You don't drink."

"Okay I wasn't drinking I just panicked okay. I thought something bad had happened to you and well it made me crazy."

"Yeah so crazy you would hit me." I said. I was trying my best to seem strong but to be honest I just wanted to crawl into a tiny ball and cry my eyes out. Ivan stayed silent. I took this time to scan his face. It was all bruised up. He had a patch on his nose and his eyes were puffy. "Just get out. Please I want to be alone." As Ivan was walking towards the bed Dominic got up too. "Where are you going?"

"Well you want to be alone." Dominic responded very calmly.

"I just meant away from Ivan." Ivan turned around looking hurt but didn't say anything. Just walked out of the room and closed the door shut. Dominic just nodded and sat down in the chair again. "Dominic, do you want to lay down with me?" I asked as I moved to one side of the bed and made a space for him.

"Sure" Was the only thing he said as he came and laid down in the bed. The bed was kind of small so he laid down and I laid in his chest. I could hear his heart beat and his breathing. At first I could feel how tense he was. but slowly he started relaxing and the all of a sudden his breathing and heart beat started going at the same pace and I knew he had fallen asleep. I quickly followed listening to the calmness of his breathing. Safe at last.