Chapter 9

Monday

I was excited to go to school today because it was one day closer to summer and I couldn't wait for this three weeks to end. I had a very exciting summer prepared. Me and my family were gonna go on a road-trip to Vegas and meet with my whole family. All of my aunts and uncles and cousins. I was super excited! I got to school with a smile in my face thinking of all the awesome moments we would have. I personally love going out with my family because everyone is so fun and it's just awesome to go meet new places with the people you love the most

"What is up with you huh?" Brenda asked as soon as I approached them.

"Nothing just thinking of how awesome my summer is gonna be." I answered as I walked with them to class since the bell had ranged and they were just waiting for me. 

"Well that is a first." Ashley said sarcastically. I have to see her point they almost never see me sad, I am a very optimistic and happy person. I just always try to find the positive in stuff, someone very important taught me that. 

I just chuckled and went inside my English room. English and Math were always my favorite subjects because math is the same anywhere you are, and English because it teaches us how to create and understand a life out of pure imagination and creativity. 

Shortly after the intercom buzzed and the announcements started most of them were boring as usually when one caught my attention. It mentioned something about color guard and girls coming over during lunch to explain. I kind of really wanted to know what it was about. My smile got wider, I couldn't wait until lunch.

******************

Lunch 

As soon as I walked inside the cafeteria I noticed the two lunch tables with colorful flags and weird costumes. I walked over there and my friends followed. As soon as we got there the high school girls who I figured were in color guard started talking about how they perform in the football games and how they were the color of the marching band. I told them I was interested and signed in so they could call me and give me more info. 

After that we all walked back to the lunch line and we once again started talking about how we thought high school was gonna be. 

After that my day went good as usual and went home right after. I really wanted to get started on that new book my dad bought for me. I am not gonna lie guys, I am a nerd. I love reading romance novels because it helped me imagine and believe that happy endings do exist, just not for me. Nerdy awkward girls don't get that happy ending because they are to shy to talk to you guys. 

***************

The next day I woke up with a killer head ache. I really didn't want to go to school but I hadn't miss school in those three years and I was not gonna ruin that the last three weeks of school. When I got there everyone was lined up. "What is the line for" I asked Emma as we walked over there. 

"Please don't tell me you forgot that today is the talent show?" she responded as she lined up with the eighth graders. 

"Crap I did. I guess I'm not going. I have no money." I said. 

"I got you cutie it's just a dollar either ways. The most pretty girl can't miss the big surprise I have for her." Edgar said from behind us. I turned and looked at him with a weird look. "What? Do not be surprised, you haven't even seen the surprise then you will be surprised, and fall head over heels for me." 

"Edgar what are you talking about. We barely even talk, you don't even know me. It's very sweet of you to buy me the ticket but it's okay I'll pass." 

"No no honey you will let Edgar buy you the ticket okay. You can't throw his surprise to the trash. He has worked so hard for everything to be perfect." Ema said as she wlaked forward and bought her ticket. 

"You are in on this?" I replied

"Yes ma'am." Emma said as she moved and Edgar walked and bought two tickets. Oh well I guess there is no saying no. I just hope it is a good surprise and not something like what happens to Carrie. 

"There young lady now you are going too." Edgar said as he gave me the ticket and walked away.

Well this is gonna be an interesting day for me. 

*******************

Talent Show

When we were called out of our classes to go to the gym we were all in surprise when we saw people from the high school sitting in the bleachers and Mr. M with a microphone in his hand. I instantly started looking for Dominic as Mr. M explained what they were doing here. When I found him he was already looking at me and I blushed. Suddenly I felt a pair of arms go around my waist and Dominic's face hardened. I turned around and it was Edgar. 

"Come on V, let's go sit down." Edgar said as he pulled me to some seats at the very bottom, right in front of Mr. M. I didn't hesitate and sat down next to him. Emma and the others sat down next to me five minutes later. They were all blabbering about how cute the football players were. Brenda got my attention when she mentioned Dominic.

"Did you see how that football player was looking at me, with his sexy smirk and everything. I think people told me his name is Dominic." Brenda told Emma. I turned to look at her so fast I swear I thought my neck was gonna break. "What V does that name sound familiar?" Brenda said with a smirk in her face. I just ignored her and turned around to talk with Edgar. 

If Dominic could flirt with anyone then I could too.