1

"I can't believe you're just leaving like this" I cry. The last month has been hard, me and Harry have been saying our goodbyes all month, he told me how he doesn't want to be away from me but he thinks this is for the best, because all he does is hurt the people around him and he doesn't want to bring me down with him. but it's not making this moment any easier at all. I don't understand why he's risking his life like this, just so he doesn't have to face his emotions and feelings towards me, it's a cowards way out, it's so extreme and out of the blue.

"You know I have to do this Jayde, it's for the best."

"For who?" I ask, still not completely understanding his reasons.

"Everyone" he sighs.

"Look Harry if you don't want to be with me all you had to do was just tell me, you don't need to put your life at risk like this to prove that point, trust me I already know, you've made that perfectly clear from the second I met you, just by being cold and emotionless, you couldn't have made it any clearer, I don't understand why you can't even bring yourself to be my friend though, am I that terrible to be around?." I didn't realise I was crying until I felt his finder wipe a wet tear off my cheek gently.

"No, it's not that at all, I really wish I could just explain it all to you, but I can't because then I'd be dragging you into my mess and that's all I've ever been trying to avoid this whole time" I can tell he's getting frustrated now. It's like theres some big secret everyone is protecting me from, but I really wish they'd stop treating me like a little delicate egg that's just going to get cracked if I'm rocked too hard.

"Okay" I sigh, throwing my hands up in defeat. "I give up."

"Promise you'll write to me?" Harry whispers in my ear, pulling my arm to stop me from walking away.

"If that's what you want." I smile slightly.

"More than anything" he nods, pushing a strand of hair away from my face. I nod then walk away, leaving him to say goodbye to Shannon and Niall.

This day was a lot harder than I ever imagined it could be.