Enter Hot New Boyfriend Here/ Bret

% CHAPTER 40 %

"So I guess you like taken guys," Taylor snaps at Jenna.

Jenna crosses her arms with a hint of amusement. "I sure do. I take 'em. And in the end, I'm the one to call them mine."

Taylor gives a look of shock and anger. I smile from behind the set She is just so amazing. I didn't realize how good she was at acting until I started seeing her acting with just Jenna today.

"Scene!" Derek shouts. "That was great! You two girls are just on fire today!"

Jenna gives a dashing smile. "Thanks." She struts away, probably to find a protein shake. She's all about those now.

Taylor beams at the director before heading towards me. I can't help but smile. "You did great!"

Her lips curve into a smile and her cheeks tinge with pink. "Thank you."

"Okay in a few minutes, its Jenna and Bret! You two will have to kiss in this scene so get your lips voluptuous and pucker up!" Derek yells in his megaphone.

Something in Taylor's eyes darkens. I look at her with worry.

"Hey, you okay?"

She slowly nods her head. "Yeah I'm fine. It's just a job. I'm gonna take a walk okay?"

Then she walks off. I sigh. It's Friday, just a few more hours til we're in the car, heading off to the beach with our friends. HANG IN THERE TAYLOR, I think to myself, cracking a small smile at where she was before she walked away. I hope she doesn't take this role thing too hard. It really is just a job and I'm actually thankful for it. If I hadn't wanted to take this acting role last minute, there would be some other guy on the set with Taylor, flirting with her. The thought sends me off edge. I don't want that happening. I want her to stay by my side.

The blow of a whistle gets my attention. "A whistle? Really Derek?"

"Well its time to get started. I'm hoping Jenna heard so she can get her ass over here."

"I think her new main obsession is protein shakes so don't get too upset if in 15 minutes she's still not here."

Derek smiles to someone behind me. "Ah Jenna you made it!"

"Yeah I did." I turn just as she gives me an ice cold glare. I'm guessing she didn't like what I said about her new fetish. I shrug. "Whoops."

Jenna glares and together we begin to walk to the trailers.

"What is your problem Mendoza? At the start of this movie we talked all the time and now you're just Taylor this, Taylor that!"

"Well considering the fact that she's my girlfriend, I'm pretty sure I'm in the right mindset," I say with a bittersweet smile.

Jenna rolls her eyes. "Keep in mind that girls don't like clingy boys." She winks and strides ahead.

{Keep in mind that girls don't like clingy boys.} That got to me. Am I getting clingy? It takes the whole walk to the trailer to shake the feeling. Jenna is just trying to get in my head. I gaze longingly at the sidewalk. I wonder where Taylor went to walk. I would give anything to be there with her than to be here with Jenna.

I swing open the trailer door and sigh. This is acting life 101. I might as well get over it. After changing and getting make up done, I meet Jenna back at the set. She hands me a snippet of the script.

"We're heading towards the dirt road nearby. That's where the scene is taking place."

I give a firm nod and follow her to the end of the road. There we hit a dirt road. It's not a sandy dirt road, but a prbbly dirt road. With the shoes I'm wearing I can feel the pebbles underneath my feet, making me shift my legs uncomfortably every time I take another step.