Sea of Confusion/ Bret

% CHAPTER 26 %

I wake up to the sound of screaming. I don't even bother putting a t-shirt on as I rush to Taylor's room.

"Taylor are you alright?!" She's sobbing into her pillow, punching it mercilessly over and over. "Taylor!"

She drops her hand and just starts sobbing. "He won't leave me alone! He just won't leave me!"

"Calm down Tay. Just stay calm," I say and give her a small hug. "I want you to go to school today. I'm sure your friends can help and comfort you."

She looks into my eyes. "He's not there, is he?"

I shake my head. "He's gone Tay. He's gone."

She breathes a shaky sigh of relief and slowly gets out of bed. "Get out please."

I listen to her immediately and shut the door behind me. I decide its time for breakfast and head downstairs. Once in the kitchen, I get out the pancake batter and mix it up really fast. Then I slap some butter on a pan and heat the stove up.

While the pancakes do their thing, I go upstairs to change and wash my face. I send Amanda a text letting her know I'm not missing school today.

When I get back down, Taylor is already dressed, flipping the pancakes.

"Oh don't worry about it," I tell her.

She rolls her eyes and motions for me to take a look. I do and immediately grimace. The top of the pancakes are seriously brown because I wasn't watching them.

"Trust me. I know how to make these things. I make them for Lorelei all the time."

I nod. She's right. "Okay."

Once the pancakes are done, Taylor gets two plates and sets them on the table. She puts the two burnt ones on my plate and smirks. "Those are yours."

I pout a little, but take my plate anyway. She is making breakfast. And she didn't burn the other side. Taylor finishes making her pancakes and slowly puts them on her plate. I watch as she eats one bite after the other.

She finally decides to speak. "Let Derek know I only want one week off and not two." She then looks at me and frowns. "Sorry. Is that okay with you?"

I give her a reassuring smile. "It's fine."

She nods. "Okay let's go before we're late. Wait, let's brush our teeth first."

I chuckle. "Yeah let's do that."

She gives me a small smile and we head to the bathroom together. After brushing our teeth, Taylor grabs her school things and steps out. I always leave my stuff at school. Homework basically just becomes schoolwork.

We drive the normal way to school. When we make it, Taylor gives me a tiny wave and is off. I sigh and get out of the car.

"Bret!" I hear a girl scream.

I turn. It's Amanda. Wow she's my girlfriend and I don't even know her voice. I smile anyways.

"Babe! How's it goin?"

She bites her bottom lip like she can pull it off. Damn, she's my girlfriend and I still think Taylor is better at the lip biting thing. "I've missed you."

I give her a quick kiss on the lips. "I did too babe." Okay that's a lie, but I can't tell her that. I'd be dumped in three seconds flat!

"So what did you do?"

"Uh... I-"

"Bret!" I hear Aaron practically yell in my ear.

"Aaron! Dude!" I rub my ear before giving him a bro hug. "What's up?" I look at Amanda. "I'll tell you later okay?"