Academic Probs/ Taylor

This dedication goes out to cailinmatthews because she dedicated one of her chapters of her AMAZING book to me and is currently reading my story! I'm so happy and grateful that a wonderful person like her would look at my story. Go read her story guys! I'm telling you, it's thebomb.com.

SOTC: American Beauty/American Psycho by Fall Out Boy

% CHAPTER 11 %

I sneeze. "No this can't be happening!" I say as I look at the Hallmark card resting in my hands.

"What's wrong?" Bret asks in a teasing manner. He winks before continuing. "A little cold creep up over night?"

I puff out my cheeks in frustration. I have had it with this guy. All he does is tease and tease and tease. I could be with Lorelei and the rest of my family right now, not this dick. I shove the Hallmark card in his chest roughly before crossing my arms.

"No. It's from Ms. Simmons. She caught a cold over the weekend. I have no one to teach me now."

Bret laughs. "But that's a good thing. No one likes learning!" I glare at him with all the hate of the world. "Except little Taylor of course." He pinches my cheek playfully. When I feel the sparks from his fingertips travel to my cheek, I quickly swat his hand away. Damn jerk.

"Education means job and job means money, you idiot. Surely you're not thinking of working at McDonalds are you?" He doesn't reply. "I'm gonna ask again-"

I never get to finish. The sneeze comes so fast I can't even get a tissue. I try to at least cover my nose with my hand, but it's too late. Another sneeze follows quickly after, making it even worse.

"Ew."

"You're not helping," I grumble as I cover half of my face with my hand. Man, this is so embarrassing. I can't have people seeing me like this! "Could you get me a tissue please?"

Bret crosses his arms and raises his eyebrows, all the while pulling a snobby, stuck-up facial expression. "Why should I?" he asks.

"Because I asked nicely!" Bret just stands there. I don't understand why he can't get me a tissue. He's my coworker and yet he refuses to get me one single thing, even if it's something important, like this!

His lips curve up into that signature grin of his and I try my hardest to stop myself from rolling my eyes. What's he planning now? "If you really need a tissue that badly, why don't you beg for it?"

I'd give anything just to wipe that grin right off of his face. It doesn't deserve to be there, taunting me like that.

All of a sudden, I see Luca coming to join us. I shoot Bret a cocky smirk. Show time. "I have a better idea. Hey Luca, could you please get me a tissue?" I ask politely.

Luca smiles brightly before scurrying away to get me one. At this, Bret's expression immediately turns sour and he rolls his eyes. "That's nothing. He just feels obligated to do that because he thinks you're going to be a big movie star someday."

"Well aren't I?" I ask with raised eyebrows. Yeah, it's a pretty cocky and egotistical thing to say, but compared to Bret, it's barely anything. I just want to rub something in his face, even if it's not the best comeback. I want that grin to stay off of his face for as long as possible.

Bret stays silent. Then Luca comes back and hands me a whole Kleenex box. "Wow thank you Luca! Why can't Bret be more like you?"

Luca sighs. "Taylor, he's not a bad guy. You just gotta get used to him. He really is a good person deep down."

"Yeah, see?" Bret starts. "You're judging me completely wrong. Even Luca thinks so."

With a roll of my eyes, I turn to Bret. I'm about to say something when I hear a voice off in the distance.