The Fight Goes On/ Bret

This chapter is dedicated to ToBeDressedInBlood once again (because I know I also dedicated chapter seven to her) for her participation in my #helpedafriend thing. She has received a shoutout and a dedication.

SOTC: Sugar by Maroon 5

% CHAPTER 14 %

"You ready to go?" Rachel asks and I hop over the door of her convertible before taking a seat. I place my backpack at my feet in front of me. My eyes take one last look at the school before I put on my seatbelt.

"Yeah, let's go."

My second day at school ended up being pretty sweet. I stuck with the guys for the majority of it, but occasionally went over and talked to the girls that obsessed over me. It's only my second day, but half of the girls at my school are already a part of my fan club. Imagine if they knew that I was going to be famous in a few months.

Tomorrow is Taylor's first day at school. To say I'm nervous is an understatement. She could ruin everything I've worked so hard to achieve in less than a second. All she has to do is open her mouth. I don't know if she will though. Yeah, Taylor talks a good game, but would she actually go through with it? Sometimes she does and sometimes she doesn't. Man, I never know with that girl. Sometimes I wish I could just get into her head and see what she's thinking.

I rock my head to the beat of Will.I.Am's "Scream and Shout" while contemplating just how Taylor and I are going to solve all these arguments. Maybe if we talked things out, like normal people. Wait, hadn't we tried that before? Yeah...we had.

Rachel drops me off at the curb by the driveway. "Remember, I'm not driving you to school tomorrow. The car you'll be driving is waiting for you in the garage. See you!" She revs her engine and speeds off.

I nod. My plan is working so far. Since Rachel won't be dropping me off tomorrow, I'll tell all of those girls that she dumped me because I confessed my feelings for her and she was only looking for a fling. It'll be all over the school by the end of the day.Girls love gossip, but what they love more than that is a man who just got labeled single.

I walk up the driveway and open the door. No sound is coming from inside the house. Then I hear the familiar sneeze and I know she's home.

"Honey I'm home!" I shout just to get on her nerves.

I immediately hear stomps getting closer and closer until I can see her. Her feet are padding noisily through the house towards me. "If you ever call me 'honey' again, I will slit your throat." Her eyes are marked with the fury that I know and lov- am so used to...

"Are you on your period?" I ask with a serious expression. I know she probably isn't. Taylor is always this moody. It can't possibly be because she's on her period.

Her face pales at my words. "No," she lets out in a squeak.

Shit. Talk about awkward. I just walked myself into that one. How could I have know she was actually on her period?!

"Oh, umm...Sorry," I say awkwardly, scratching the back of my neck. Way to go Bret.

She puffs out her cheeks in frustration. "So did you bring any of your friends over today?"

I walk in the house. "No. The guys may be coming over some time tonight though to watch T.V."

She nods as her brain consumes this newfound knowledge. "Well I'm going to watch T.V. right now then. You can join if you want," she says politely. My eyebrows raise in surprise. Really? Wow, when she's on her period, she's really nice. Then she suddenly remembers that horrible act she's supposed to maintain. "But don't hog the blanket! Or the popcorn! Or any of the pillows!"