New Girl In Town/ Taylor

% CHAPTER 31 %

What a jackass! He's playing with fire. I can't believe I actually believed in him. I guess it was all a fake. I must have seemed so desperate by the way I told him so fast how to get rid of that pain in my ass girlfriend of his. Obviously it was in vain. He's sticking to her now.

Something was off, though. His smiles seemed a bit forced around her and every time I looked into his eyes, they looked back into mine as if pleading for something. Maybe, just maybe. I shake the thought from my head. Bret's a jerk. I've known that since the beginning. Then how did he even remember everything I said that first day we met? I snort unintentionally. Probably because I was a big pain in his side back then too. He was right. I did come around eventually. I did fall into his trap eventually. This was all some sort of scheme, like a scene in a movie. Or an act in a play.

Whatever. It was bound to happen. I kissed a taken man. I mean, we kissed all the time, but that was meaningless because it was on the set. The other time though, I willingly put myself in that situation. It's my fault and I didn't realize I had fallen for him until it was too late. What am I supposed to do now?

I dial the numbers that are practically burned into my brain forever. That's what I do. This is what best friends are for, this and so much more.

"Baylor Bear!" comes the ecstatic voice of Whitney.

"Whipped Cream!" I say just as enthusiastic.

"What up, what up?!" I laugh. It's kind of weird how she's a lot like Luca. He's always saying what up.

I sigh. "Well the guy I told you about cancelled on us. He has a date with his girlfriend."

I can just hear the pout in Whit's tone. "Aw that sucks. Well who needs a sexy guy with penis abs anyway?"

I almost choke on my spit. Oh, ew that's gross. Don't choke on spit Taylor. Who chokes on spit? You do, Internal-me says. Oh shut up. I snap out of my internal debate and spin back into reality. Did Whitney just refer to Bret as a guy with penis abs?! "What did you say?!"

"I just made it up. Its like he has so many abs, he has them on his dick... Imagine tapping that Taylor! It's like caramel on a-"

"Gross Whit! No further info on that..."

She lets out a sad "aw." "But think about it! I'm assuming he has abs or else you wouldn't have been so excited about him coming...you've never been one to fall for the nerdy guys."

"I guess he does have abs...and he's actually pretty well built..."

"There ya go! My fiery little Taylor, on the path of danger and excitement!"

"Did I mention he has a girlfriend?"

"Hmm I think you said that, yes. Oh well! She'll move on. Jeez..." She let's out a little laugh.

"Oh god you and him would definitely get along," I grumble.

"Was it something I did?"

"Well no duh Whit."

"...oh! I knew that! I'm not stupid..." She feigns stupidity, as in she pretends she didn't know but she really did? Yeah, that's not too hard to get.

I laugh. "We both know your hair is blond for a reason."

"Yeah cuz its sexy! Have you seen those brunettes?! Totally unattractive. So what's his name again?"

"Bret," I say, biting my lower lip. She let's out another laugh. "What?"

"Girl you got it baaaad!"

I'm initially shocked by her reply. I've got it bad?! I so don't have it baaad. Tch whatever! "What?"