Returning From "Vaca"/ Bret

Yay! I'm making progress guys! So yeah, here's the next chapter. I hope you enjoy!

SOTC: Get Over It by Avril Lavigne

This song kind of doesn't have anything to do with the chapter but... I'm in my feelings and this song is a sad love song...

% CHAPTER 6 %

"Woohoo! I'm boarding a plane!" Luca screams at the top of his lungs.

"Calm down. I can always take it back and get aunt Angele to go instead," Glenda scowls.

Luca immediately shuts his mouth. He's never been on a big airplane before though, so I give him credit. He's also very big on expressing his feelings so he tends to shout a lot.

I'm so excited about Luca and Glenda coming with us back to the U.S. I could scream like a girl. But I don't. Because I'm not a girl. Angele was supposed to come as well, but she decided not to. There wasn't really a reason. She just chickened out I guess, or maybe my dad convinced her not to so he didn't get caught dating more than one woman.

Flying has always thrilled me. Just being in the air, surrounded by floating white mist, feels so magical. I love it way better than road trips because I tend to get carsick, and that's no fun. Ear popping is way less intimidating than puking your guts out.

We hand off our tickets to the attendant before walking through the long hallway. I can't wait to be back in California.

Throughout the first few hours of the plane ride, Luca and I talk about a lot of things, mostly about what America will be like.

"How do the streets look? Do they actually have retro diners like in the movies? How much does a pretzel cost? Oh, do they sell pretzels? Do Americans know what a pretzel is?" my best friend asks me, chatting my ear away.

I look away from the gorgeous view of the setting sun and turn to face him with a sigh. "Dude, of course we have pretzels. America isn't Antartica."

"Well how much do they cost then?"

"A few dollars, maybe three or four."

"And what about the streets and the diners?"

"The streets don't look that different. Okay well, they're kind of wider, and there's more space between houses. As for the diners, those are from the seventies. There aren't that many retro diners left."

"Oh." Luca looks crestfallen, and I feel the need to cheer him up.

"But they do have a lot of amusement parks, especially in California. We should definitely go check them out. They're totally different here!"

A hint of a small reappears on his face. "Cool! How about the weather?"

"Be prepared for some sun dude. It gets super hot in Southern California. Not so much in the North, but the sun still beats you down most of the time. Sometimes I feel like it's draining away my energy."

"So cool," he responds. "Are you ready to start back on your movie?"

His question immediately gets Taylor into my head. Damn it. I was on such a roll with not thinking about her. Now that she's there though, she won't leave. I almost forget about Luca's question altogether, but his awaiting gaze reminds me and I answer honestly.

"I don't know. I mean I definitely miss it. Acting is my passion. You know that, but just the crew..."

Luca rolls his eyes. "Not the crew dude. Taylor."

Why did he have to see through that one? "Whatever. Anyways, I'm excited to see how it turns out in the end. It's going to be good I hope. It'll possibly open up new career opportunities."