26. Ends are the Real Beginnings

Start from the beginning

"What now?" My annoyance was pretty much evident in my tone of voice but I couldn't help it. This was the sixth time she called me in here with my eyes closed.

"I don't think I can do this."

"Nonsense. Stop being such a baby and get your butt ready." I scolded her with my eyes still closed and a second later I felt someone smack the back of my neck.

"Ow."

"Be nice to your aunt." I heard the girl I fell in love with say and I awkwardly scratched the back of my neck muttering a low 'sorry' under my breath.

"You're looking beautiful, Carrie." I heard Amanda speak to Aunt Carrie and I nodded my head. "Yeah, I would say the same if I could see you." Another smack was delivered to the back of my neck and I again muttered 'sorry' under my mouth.

"Don't mind Hayden, you look amazing and I know that Eric is a really lucky man." Claire spoke and I heard a little sniffle come from somewhere in the room but I heard it loud and clear. I knew where it came from.

"Amanda and Claire, can you please go out of the room. I need to talk to Aunt Carrie alone."

"Okay." Amanda dragged out the word before leaving the room, I think because I heard the door shut.

"I'm opening my eyes now." I spoke before I hesitantly opened my eyes to find Aunt Carrie sitting on a chair in front of the huge mirror which was situated on the far wall of the room.

I sighed before I walked over to where she was sitting and I got down on my knees in front of her, not minding my white pants.

"What is it?" I asked gently as I placed a hand on her knee. To say that Aunt Carrie was looking beautiful was the understatement of the day. She looked beyond beautiful. But she'd look even better if she had a smile on her face and that was why I was here. To make her smile on her big day.

"What if he doesn't like me in this dress?" I rolled my eyes secretly as I sighed again. "Woman, you overthink everything a lot. He would love you in this dress just the way he loved you in every other dress you wore."

"But-" I cut her off before she says anything else.

"He asked you to marry him, right?" When I got a nod in agreement, I continued. "He wouldn't have done that if he thought you looked good in dresses or not. He asked you to marry him because he saw something more than a woman in a dress. He saw your soul." I was face palming myself so hard just because I was here talking such sappy stuff.

Claire was right, I really did get cheesy.

I looked up to see Aunt Carrie smiling at me. She raised her hand and patted my head, I know she did it lovingly but I couldn't help but feel like a dog. "You'll make Claire really happy one day."

I smiled back at her before getting up off the ground and dusting off my pants which now had stains. "I am really certain that I already make her happy." Aunt Carrie rolled her eyes at me before she got up off her chair as well.

A knock on the door brought our attention towards it from where Kyle and Jordan peeked in with hands over their eyes. I rolled my eyes at their behavior while Aunt Carrie giggled.

"Everything's set up. We just need the bride." Jordan spoke before he raised his hand and peeked with one eye open at us. "Yeah, we're coming."

Both of them went out just as I finished and I laughed at their stupidity.

"Come on now. Let's get you married." I spoke with my arm out for her to take. I was going to walk her down the aisle and that was a great big deal for me.