21. Wrapped Up

"How do I look?" Aunt Carrie asked as she smoothed out her dress and looked at me with her eyes sparkling. I nodded my head yet again and smiled at her with my thumbs up, but she just sighed before she went back into the dressing room.

"What's wrong with this one?" I asked with a whine as I hugged the door of the dressing room.

"It's too tight and green, green just doesn't suit me." She spoke and I laughed internally.

"Green only suits my Claire." I sighed out as a love-struck teenager.

Oh wait, I am a love-struck teenager. He-he.

She came out and I backed away from the door to see her in a red dress that was just above her knee. She looked beautiful as she did in every other dress she rejected. "How about this one?" She asked as she twirled for me. Her dress was backless and she was looking elegant as well as classy.

I nodded impressed by the perfectness of the dress on her. "You should totally buy this one." She smiled as she checked herself out in the mirror before she frowned.

"I think it's too much." I face palmed myself as she began to go back into the dressing room for like the millionth time.

"It's not and I'm sure the devil's father would love it." She glared at me as I shrugged sheepishly at her. "His name is Eric and I don't think so. He is a pastor."

"Come on, that doesn't have to do with anything." I stated and she nodded.

"But I want to look my best for him. He's the first person that I've been interested since..." Aunt Carrie trailed off as she stared at me and I understood what she was going to say.

"Mom and dad would be happy for you too, they sometimes thought that you didn't like people." Aunt Carrie laughed with a distant look in her eyes. I sighed before I grabbed her arm and made her sit at the small bench that was placed in front of the dressing room.

"I know this is big for you but you have to be confident. He was the one that asked you out and trust me when I say this, you looked like a wreck at that time." She hit my arm playfully and I laughed at her.

"Seriously, his eyes were sparkling when he saw you and it was completely sickening." She hit me again and this time I didn't laugh. "I don't want to see you get hurt and if this guy does anything stupid or hurtful, I'm gonna hurt him where the sun doesn't shine." Aunt Carrie cringed before she smiled lovingly at me.

"I feel so loved." I grinned at her as she rested her head on my shoulder while still looking at herself.

"But does this dress make me look fat?" I laughed as she pouted.

........................................................................

"Finally, some alone time." I smiled to myself as I walked to my bed and crashed on it. I wanted to read a book but then I also wanted to take a much-needed nap. Aunt Carrie was ruthless when she took me shopping with her.

She literally dragged me everywhere since I didn't want to enter a lingerie store. I was so embarrassed the whole time and the women that were there looked at me with suggestive smiles which I don't even want to see again.

A shiver ran down my spine when I remembered my awful day. I closed my eyes after switching the lights off. I was just a second close to dozing off when my bedroom door burst open revealing none other than Kyle.

"What do you want?" I whined as I buried my head in my pillow and wrapped myself in my favorite blue blanket.

What? Don't you have a favorite blanket?