6. Falling

My weekend has been dreadful because every time I tried to focus on reading the book I had in my hands, I'd get a text. And the text was from someone annoying, whose name starts with a C.

I read the text that she sent me just a second ago.

"Do you like movies? ^.^"-Claire.

I unconsciously rolled my eyes. I don't know why but because of Claire I do things unconsciously. It's hard to describe what is happening to me, but the only logical answer I think fits my situation is that I'm opening up to people now.

It's like this girl came from only God knows where, and she starts to drill a whole in the walls I built so high and strong. She's slowly making me feel things I forgot to feel a long time ago.

She's making me feel vulnerable again.

I sighed and typed an answer for the girl.

"Yes."- Hayden.

I sent the message and again tried to concentrate on the book in my hands.

A beep made me close the book frustratingly. What's the use of reading a book when I'm just gonna get disturbed over and over again.

I got off my bed and placed the book on the shelf next to my bedroom window. I picked my phone off my bed and read the text she sent me.

"Do you like animated movies? :)"- Claire.

This girl is so annoying. Since the party, Claire has been texting me continuously. She sends me texts of good morning and good night. She asks about my likes and dislikes and it seems like she's trying to get to know me.

"Just pick a stupid movie and I'll come over at your house to watch it at 7." -Hayden.

I tossed the phone on my bed and went downstairs to get something to drink.

I walked into the kitchen to see aunt Carrie talking on the phone. I silently made my way to the fridge and got a bottle of juice. I looked over at aunt Carrie to see her staring at me intently.

I ignored her stare and made my way out of the kitchen. Once I got back in my room, I saw my phone flashing before it went black.

I picked it up to see the last text sent to me.

"Don't be late, my hero. ;)" -Claire.

Ugh!!! so annoying.

I fell face first on my bed.

........................

I parked my car in front of Claire's house and waited for my heart to stop beating so loud.

It's just two friends watching a stupid movie.

When did we become friends?

No, no. It's just two class mates watching a stupid movie.

I sighed heavily and got the courage to get out of my car. I was wearing simple clothing since we were gonna stay in. Aunt Carrie always use to say that whenever going to someone's house for the first time, bring something over. So i brought some donuts before I came to Claire's house.

I walked up to the front door while trying to control my hands from getting sweaty. I got up to the porch and rang the bell lightly.

Just a second later the door opened revealing a woman in her mid thirties. The first thing I noticed about her was her eye colour. The same colour I was starting to like. Grayish green.

She smiled at me," You must be Hayden, correct?"

I nodded as an answer to which she opened the door wide. I entered cautiously looking around the house. The house was decorated beautifully with nice cream coloured walls.