19. Shit Just Got Real

Song: Someone that loves you- Honne and Izzy Bizu

Friday came along just like any other day and everything was going perfectly fine, well that was before Amanda or Allison came to talk to me at lunch, when the whole cafeteria was full with people and when Claire was sitting snuggled up into me. I could see that she was just the way she was before.

Claire didn't take the situation lightly as she threatened to punch her into next week. I would've laughed so hard at the cuteness that was radiating from Claire at that time but the situation was serious and it seemed like Claire wasn't giving out empty threats.

"I just need to talk to her, then I'll leave." Amanda insisted as she began to come close to where I was sitting but then Claire immediately stood up from beside me.

"No, you leave right now." Amanda sent a glare her way before she looked at me, and not just looked at my face or anything. She looked straight in my eyes with her own and it was intense.

Claire growled before she grabbed Amanda's arm and began to drag her away from our table. Josh and Clayton were just as useless as the whole cafeteria filled with students that were enjoying their lunch with a side of drama.

Kyle, on the other hand, was being the peacemaker between the two girls. And I, I was sitting paralyzed with indecisiveness as to what I should do. I mean, it was pretty clear that I should take my girlfriend's side but Amanda did just want to talk to me.

No, Hayden. Do not fall for her innocent face, she is a sly girl that can make you do anything with her face.

"I just want to talk to her!" Amanda spoke while releasing her arm from Claire's grasp. Kyle was still trying to make both girls stop making a scene.

"No, you are not even allowed to look at her!" And now they both were beginning to speak loudly. "I know how desperate you are to take Hayden away from me!"

Amanda didn't reply but she did walk over to me while Kyle had Claire in his hold.

"Look, I just want to talk to you Hayden." She spoke while she looked at me. I didn't know what to do as I looked around the cafeteria before I looked at Claire who was begging me with her eyes to not talk to Amanda.

"Uhm." I felt like I had lost the ability to form words and I must have looked like a fool with my mouth opening and closing constantly.

Everyone was staring at me as if to know what I would say to her and it was really mind numbing, it made me more of an idiot as I spoke more incoherent words.

"She doesn't want to talk to her." I heard Claire speak to Kyle while struggling to get herself out of his grasp. But he just shook his head at her making her groan. I turned back to Amanda who was patiently waiting for an answer with determination in her eyes.

The next thing that happened made the cafeteria erupt in series of gasps as I struggled to breathe with lips tightly clasped over mine and a hand in my hair holding me still. My lips were unmoving while Amanda was trying hard to get me to kiss her back.

I pushed her by her shoulders and that's when all hell broke loose, when Claire grabbed Amanda by her hair and pushed her away from me. I flinched when Amanda landed on a cafeteria table making the students jump up in surprise and horror. The whole cafeteria was silent as everyone had their eyes fixed on Claire, who was breathing heavily with anger and restraint, and Amanda, who was glaring at Claire.

"One time wasn't enough, you had to kiss her again and in front of me. Her girlfriend." Claire spoke while pointing to herself. Kyle was watching Claire with a look of horror and fright as I stood up quickly and went to Claire.