12. Kiss

The whole school was buzzing about something to do with Jordan and I was curious as to what it was.

First, this stupid Zeke and then Jordan. I guess, my life is a great mess right now.

"I don't know why Jordan would even think about coming back to school after how bad Hayden beat him up." Josh picked at his fruit salad while Clayton kept biting his Burger as if it would disappear if he didn't keep biting it.

"That was badass, man." Kyle joined in on the conversation.

Clayton was about to open his mouth when a sharp look from Allyson made him rethink and chew on his food silently.

"Do any of you know why Claire isn't with us?" Kyle asked after he was done looking around.

"Something about going with Zeke to get schoolwork which he missed." Allyson spoke with her eyes on her open book.

"Is she gonna be his secretary or something? Let the boy do stuff by himself." Clayton spoke up after completely chewing his food and showing Allyson his empty mouth, who nodded for him to talk.

"Something seems off about that guy, what do you think Hayden?" Josh looked at me and I just shrugged.

I had a lot of things on my mind but let's just keep them there.

I had occupied myself with doodling while the boys had changed their conversations to sports.

All I could think about was Claire and I would be lying if I would say that I didn't like seeing her happy. I loved seeing her happy and if that boy makes her happy, who am I to interfere.

A sigh escaped my mouth while I doodled her name on my notebook surrounded by a lot of hearts. Wow, I seem like a love-struck teenager.

"What you sighing about, Hayden?" Allyson's voice brought me out of my thoughts and I saw her smirking at me.

I shook my head and her smirk grew bigger when Kyle snatched my notebook from me and it was so sudden that I took some time to react. I stood up the moment I registered in my head what had happened.

"Ooh, Hayden wrote Claire's name in hearts." Kyle smirked and Clayton laughed followed by Josh while Allyson just kept her smirking.

You are so dead when I get my hands on you.

My eyes were like the blazing fire of hell and Kyle noticed it because the next thing I knew was that my notebook was back in front of me and he was sat beside me with his hands in his lap, looking like an innocent kid.

I rolled my eyes and sat back down.

A head full of dark brown caught my attention as I saw her walk with Zeke to a table further away from ours. I kept my eyes trained on the two and when I saw that someone else was with them, my breath hitched. My attention was only on how Jordan was smiling at Zeke and Claire while the two sat on the table which had Jordan and his friends.

"What are you looking at?" I heard Kyle ask but all my attention was on the uncomfortable girl that kept fidgeting between Jordan and Zeke.

I suddenly stood up from my seat and began to walk over to where Claire was, ignoring all the questions and shouts that came from my friends. I kept walking until I reached that table and everyone had their eyes on me in the cafeteria.

Jordan and Zeke looked at me as well while Claire had her eyes on her hands that were in her lap. Jordan stood up in a defensive posture while Zeke looked at me curiously.

I touched Claire's shoulder and she looked up at me before she frowned. I grabbed her arm and made her stand up before I dragged her away from Jordan's table. Claire just silently let me drag her to where ever I was going. Zeke shouted after us but neither I nor Claire looked back.