Prologue

"Oh, come on, just say it and I'll leave." She whined like a little girl.

'I'll never talk to you.'

I can't believe she keeps bugging me. I'm reading a book in a library for god's sake.

She can't get a hint, can she?

"Or do you like it when I bug you?" She smirked.

You've got to be kidding me.

"Come on say it." She smirked again.

'Never'.

I kept my attention on the book I was holding.

She snatched the book out of my hands and smirked yet again feeling satisfied that she had all my attention now.

She sighed when I didn't even look at her. She touched my cheek and I jumped from the contact.

I scooted away from her thinking that she'd get a hint, but no. She's clueless.

She scooted closer to me and leaned her face closer to mine.

"You know I would've left if you had just told me to leave." She said with a sigh.

I slowly nodded while keeping distance from her.

"So, why didn't you?" She asked me with pleading eyes.

What is she playing at? I've never seen her like this. Where did the confident girl go who would bug me every time, she got a chance.

I opened my mouth but closed it quickly.

I can't let her find out she affects me in any way. I can't let her know that her words affect me.

I can't let her in. I won't let her in.

I stood up ignoring her questioning stare and went out of the library.

I had built my walls high and strong to shut everyone out and yet this girl was trying to get in.

She knew that she could never make me open up to her. She knew that I would never interact with her the way normal teenagers do but still she tried.

Why? I don't know. She just tried to break down my walls and I can't believe that it's working.