25. White With Stains

Song: Taste the feeling- Avicii vs. Conrad Sewell

The next day came and I was a nervous wreck, and it didn't make it any better that Claire was jumping around everywhere with giddiness as if she was going to win something big today. Our friends noticed both of our attitudes and they were pretty nosy which made me more nervous because Claire wasn't making it better.

"Why are you two acting so... so differently?" Josh asked as he stared at Claire and then turned to me with his right eyebrow raised higher than the Eiffel Tower.

"What do you mean?" Claire asked while I just shook my head, looking anywhere but at the people that were sitting with me at the cafeteria table. "I mean, she's acting all awkward and shy while you're so..." Josh trailed off as he frowned.

"Hyper." Kyle chimed in.

"Giddy." Jordan also suggested.

"Horny." Everyone's eyes turned to Clayton as he sat nonchalantly sipping his cola with a bored expression.

"Clayton, do you seriously have a death wish?" Amanda tugged Clayton close to him as she whispered in his ear, but it was of no use since the whole table literally heard her deathly voice.

"Okay." Josh dragged the word out as he looked around the table, "Moving on."

"Why are you all giddy, let's go with that, while Hayden's all awkward?" Josh asked as he looked at Claire who was busy shooting daggers at Clayton, who was already dealing with a hellish Amanda.

"It. is. none. of. your. business." Claire spoke every word slowly sending a glare towards each and everyone's way.

"Wow, someone's really horny." Clayton spoke and once again everyone's eyes fell on him. He suddenly realized what he had said and immediately stood up with a sheepish smile sent everyone's way. "I'll be over there if you need me."

"Oh, you better run, skinny boy." Amanda followed Clayton as he began to run away.

"What did you even see in that guy?" Kyle asked in between laughter as he nudged Josh with his elbow. "What you don't see." Kyle immediately shut up as Josh turned his attention back to Claire.

"Now, tell me why you both are behaving like this."

"Nope."

"But why?" Josh whined as he shook Claire's arm wildly. "First of all, let go of my arm." Josh immediately let her arm go with a sheepish smile while Claire glared at him.

"And second, it's a secret between Hayden and I." She smiled cutely while putting her index finger on her lips. Oh my God, she wants to kill me.

Kyle, Josh and Jordan turned their attention towards me and it was pretty intense, the way they were staring at me as if I'd tell them what Claire and I would do today.

I was still so embarrassed that we were really going to do it today.

...................................................................

I was in my room sitting on my bed reading a book that Kyle recommended to me. Aunt Carrie was downstairs getting ready for her date with Eric, and Claire was going to come over any time now. I was so nervous that I needed to keep my mind away from what Claire and I would be doing tonight.

Since, Aunt Carrie was going on a date with Eric again and she said something about staying over at his house tonight, just because Claire convinced her to. Claire told her that we were going to have a sleepover but the way Aunt Carrie looked at me with a smirk, I knew what she was thinking and that didn't make things any better.