20. Apologies

Song: 2shy- Shura

"Why didn't you tell me that Zeke has a single father?" I whined as I laid my head on Claire's lap, Kyle laughed at me while Josh was tending to Clayton's every need.

"I didn't know that he would ask your aunt out." Claire spoke while she ran her fingers through my hair making me hum out in content. It was pretty soothing.

No, Hayden. You are forgetting the matter at hand.

"Ugh, now I have to listen to her rant on about how excited she is to go out with Zeke's dad."

"At least, she's happy. And didn't you tell her to go out with someone?" Kyle spoke from the recliner with his face stuffed with Doritos. Clayton tried to sneak a handful of Doritos out of Kyle's pack and it was pretty hilarious.

"Yeah, but...." I sighed out with a pout to which Claire giggled at me.

"I'm just happy that you avenged me, my compadre." Clayton spoke before he stuffed his face with the stolen Doritos making Josh sigh out and mumble something about manners.

"You should have seen his dad, he thought that 'no one got seriously injured'." I air quoted and Kyle burst out laughing making Josh cringe when some pieces of chips flew out of his mouth. I would've cringed too but I got busy from Claire's giggles.

"You all are like animals, not you Claire." Josh grumbled sourly making me nod my head in agreement. "That also includes you, Hayden."

"Hey! What did I do?" I asked staring at him making cute faces.

"Who brought these Doritos?" He placed his hand on his hip and was staring at me with an eye brow raised.

"Touché."

Josh rolled his eyes before he joined Clayton on the carpet. We were all at Josh's house, since his parents were always out at work and his sister rarely came there, so he had the house all to himself.

"Hey Joshie, can I have a soda?" Clayton asked cutely with a pout which made Josh sigh before he got up and went to the kitchen to get Clayton a soda.

Claire kept running her fingers in my hair and it was making me sleeply since it was so soothing. I looked up at her to see her staring back at me with a small smile. I smiled back and she blushed.

"I see that you like staring at me." I teased to which she turned a dark red color.

"You look like a cat right now." She spoke and poked my nose. "Is that your way of saying that I'm cute?" I smirked when she rolled her eyes.

"Aw, come on. You love me." I poked her nose as well, she just smiled at me. "You're beautiful." I spoke while I poked her nose again.

She smirked at me, "I already know that."

"You're also annoying." Her mouth opened wide and she began to hit me. "I meant a good annoying." I clarified while laughing but it didn't make it any better. She pushed my head away and pouted with her arms crossed.

"Aw, come on. I meant that you're a good annoying." I nuzzled my nose into her neck which made her push me away again. Her pout still in place, she looked away from me. I laughed before I cuddled close to her and whispered in her ear.

"Remember, we became friends because of your annoyance. If you weren't always annoying, I would've never opened up to you." She looked at me and I smiled at her.

"You're cheesy." I laughed and she snuggled into me.

"Hey, hey, hey; get a room, you two." Josh complained with five cans of soda in a tray. Claire glared at him, which made me want to coo because she looked so cute.