S1• (intro) Open Session # 1.0 •

"Come on yandel, your grandpa is waiting in the car" she yelled from downstairs as I stood on top of my step stool brushing my teeth. "Coming mahmah" I semi-yelled spitting the remaining toothpaste in the sink as the water slowly ran clearing it.

  "Hopefully your good looks will charm the judge for your parents" she smiled down at me zipping my jacket. "Pull the door shut" she said as I walked out behind her pulling it close, as she inserted the key locking the front door. We walked towards the car as my grandpa got out opening the back door, he popped his trunk as he pulled out my booster seat.

"Safety first" he chuckled as I remembered smiling up at him as he buckled me in. That day it was cold, winter was approaching as Halloween was ending. That car ride seems as it was going to last forever as we drove to the city. It's been a few weeks since I've seen either of my parents.

           "Everything's going to be okay, you get to see your mother and father today. I know they miss you" my mahmah said turning back towards me shifting her fur that was wrapped around her neck. "What-t if they don't miss me, momma hasn't called in weeks mahmah" I questioned turning my head towards the window. She didn't reply as I knew she was still looking at me.

              "Looks like we're here" , we pulled up to a garage that read fifteen dollar parking. The gate let up as he handed my grandpa back his credit card as we entered. He found parking as I unbuckled my booster seat and seatbelt. My door opened as he stood there waiting for me to get out. "That's the building George" my mahmah said pointing as he closed the door grabbing my hand.

              A gust of wind blew as we made our way across the busy street. This was my first time entering a court house as officers guarded the entrance. We stood in a line as people were removing certain items. "Take off your jacket and shoes and your belt yandel" my mahmah mumbled as my grandpa walked through the metal detector.

            "Step forward son" the man said as my mahmah pushed me forward as I turned my head to the people looking down at me. I walked through as my basket rolled through a machine. My grandpa picked up my stuff walking me to a corner dressing me again. "Trial starts in ten minutes lets go" my mahmah mumbled as she grabbed my hand rushing towards the first elevator that opened up.

           "Stay close" she mumbled wrapping her arms around me as my grandpa grabbed her hand. The top screen read sixteenth floor as we were the only ones getting off. We turned down a hall as a group of people stood in a line. "Faith and George nice to meet again" a tall white guy said approaching us. He was well dressed as a woman stood beside him.

             "This is my assistant she will be helping with the case, I'm sure we'll be able to knock the time down, really can't discuss much but I'll see y'all in the court room" he quickly said as a group of man walked up to him. He left us standing there as they walked around entering another door. My mahmah tugged at my hand pulling my attention as we walked into the big wooden doors.

            A few people sat spaced out as I saw a few of my family members sitting on the second row as we approached them. We sat down on the front row as my cousin grabbed my shoulder nodding his head. "You okay?" My grandma asked as I had my head down playing with my finger nails. "Mhmhum" I mumbled nodded my head as she grabbed my hand.  

               |Open Session ; Trial , verdict |
                    |Final Goodbye|

"All rise" echoed through the court room as a policeman stood upon us as the judge walked in taking his seat.

"Department One of the Superior Court is now in session. Judge (Arson) presiding. Please be seated" the judge said.