Legacy

Sabine walked around her room in a circle, her hands behind her back and her head tilted down. There was a lot to think about, regarding Ezra, herself, Ketsu, her pregnancy...but no matter how long she thought, she couldn't find any peace. The idea of aborting her pregnancy despite wanting it for a while now, suddenly didn't look appealing.
My life is a mess.
Hopefully things would become clearer once Ketsu was here.
I need to tell them about Ezra...what do I have to fear? It's not like they'll all disown me or something...they'd understand...
Or maybe she didn't have to tell them the exact details of his death. Ezra was dead? She couldn't save him, time to move on? This is war, people die?
No...Ezra deserved better than that.
Ugh, but how can I lie? It would be disgusting to lie about this.
She'd never be able to live with herself, that's for sure. First things first however, she'd wait for Ketsu to arrive. Once she did, she could at least remove one of her many problems. Start from the ground up, she supposed.
And maybe we should talk about her place in my life.

Ketsu shielded her eyes from the bright and rising Atollon sun as she left the Shadow Caster. This hot weather was rather irritating, and she had been to a lot of hot planets. How can the Rebels here walk around in their suits, like miniature greenhouses?
"Ugh".
She saw Kanan outside, who was sitting down cross-legged and...letting snail-thingys crawl on him. He had a change of clothes, and he was wearing some kind of strange mask. It looked like Sabine's handy-work...she could recognise her work anywhere.
"Ketsu" He greeted as she approached, not needing his eyes to sense who was whom. "Sabine'll want to see you"
She nodded. Ketsu was to be sympathetic to them all, she imagined that losing a valued and close member of their crew was hurtful. All she had to do was think about how painful it would be to lose Sabine, in order to know how they felt.
And that, was certainly painful.
"Yes, I'm sure" She agreed, before pausing for a moment. "I'm very sorry about Ezra, I understand you were all close to him"
It was Kanan's turn to nod.
"Yes...but we have to have hope" He said. "Ezra has a knack on getting out of bad situations. Wherever he is, I have faith he can turn his situation around"
That surprised Ketsu. Kanan implied that Ezra was still alive...but Sabine would've...
Of course.
"Damn it, Sabine..." She thought to herself.
Sabine finds it very difficult to tell anything to anybody, it seems. She said she would tell them but hasn't even done it yet...but she supposed she had to cut her some slack, owning up to something like that couldn't be easy.
For now, Ketsu had best go along with it.
"Yeah, I hope you're right" Ketsu said after a moment. "Anyways, I'm here to see Sabine as usual. Is she up? I get that she is a heavy sleeper"
"She woke up a lot earlier today" Kanan told her. "She'll be in her room"
Ketsu thanked Kanan and walked past him into the Ghost, leaving him to his meditations. She climbed up the ladders in the cargo hold to the upper level, where she bumped into Hera. The Twi'lek, as always, was kind to the Mandalorian guest. Though Ketsu wasn't much of a guest anymore, she was a regular sight at this point when she wasn't doing bounty hunter stuff.
Sabine often didn't shut up about Ketsu when she was gone, either.
"Come to see Sabine as always, Ketsu?" Hera asked as she was looking down on a datapad. "You'll know where she is, where she always is"
Ketsu smiled and nodded.
"You know me so well" She said with a hint of sarcasm.
"It's probably none of my business, but..." Hera began as she lowered her voice. "Sabine told me you both broke up, needing space of something. Just curious, there wasn't an argument or anything was there?"
Ketsu shook her head. Sabine and her often had disagreements but they always found a way to accept each other for what they were. In fact, their differences were almost as important as their similarities when it came to their relationship.
"I think it's just a temporary phase" Ketsu told her. "Sabine'll be tripping over for me again once she's recovered from...things"
Ketsu almost revealed the terrible truth, but she was confident that once she had gotten over the whole Ezra thing, she'll want Ketsu close to her again. Sabine was completely in love with her before, no way that just goes away.
"Hmm...unless she somehow blames me for Ezra's death on the inside..." She supposed. "...nah, she wouldn't think that"
"Well, I'll leave you to it" Hera said as she walked past her to the cockpit.
"Oh, and Miss Syndulla?"
Hera turned around towards Ketsu again and looked up from her datapad. Ketsu had something else to quickly discuss.
"Yes, Ketsu?" 
"During my work, I've been digging around for some Imperial intel on my channels and contacts as a favour to you all...since you're all good folk and all" She started as she handed her another datapad. "I came across some sloppily encrypted feeds, and it turns out that the Empire is preparing for something significant in the Outer Rim"
Hera skimmed through the information, it had some information on recent shipments and movements of Imperial ships. There were also some notes on a Grand Admiral which seemed important, but it was all stuff she could look at later.
"Just thought you should to know" She finished with a smile.
Hera returned her smile. This was an unusual gift by Ketsu, who had made it clear several times before that she wasn't interested in fighting for the Rebellion.
"And here I thought you didn't want to get involved" Hera said as she placed an hand on her hip. "Is the stubborn Miss Onyo getting soft around her insurgent friends?"
Ketsu curled her lips and crossed her arms. Soft? Her? Never.
"My girlfriend lives with you, so what if I want to make sure she stays safe?" She told her.
Hera chuckled and shook her head.
"I'm just teasing you" She calmed her. "And don't forget Ketsu, she's your ex now. Very recent ex, but it might be a bit awkward if you try to kiss her when really you should both be forever enemies like exes are"
Funny, but Ketsu was confident that they could never hate each other. Not after what they went through together, from the academy all the way to now. If they couldn't be girlfriends, they could definitely be sisters.
"Well, time to go see Sabine"