Goodbye

Sabine handed a helmet to a Rebel pilot, and watched as the man looked rather sadly at all that was left to give of Dicer, the woman who had been killed by Kryknas before her helmet was discovered by the Mandalorian and Rex. Sabine would spare him the details, but the corpse of Dicer had been found in the caves below...looking much worse for wear. She had been mauled by the large insect-like creatures.
Terrible way to go out.
When Sabine thought about her past misfortunes, she often believed that she should just be happy that she was still among the living, with her friends and loved ones. Things...could've been worse for her.
"I'm sorry for your loss" She said to him comfortingly. "We...couldn't save her"
The man nodded and sighed.
"It's alright, I'm sure you did all you could" He said to her. "Seems this planet isn't as safe as we thought it would be...but as long as that fence holds..."
They both looked at the array of sensor markers that were lined up around the base. You could occasionally see a Krykna roaming behind it, with no hope of getting past.
Unless they are smart and eventually figure out they could burrow their way in the ground around it...but I suppose they might not be that desperate to eat our flesh.
"Well, anyways I should get back to it" Sabine told him. "Again, sorry about Dicer...I just wish there was something more we could've done"
Like taking a more cautious approach to this planet, instead of assuming it was safe.
Well, at least they knew of the danger. Sabine would much rather face the insects than those Inquisitors...
"Thank you, ma'am" The pilot said to her respectfully. "I'll get out of your way, now"
The man hastily left her, walking back towards the ships. Sabine looked out past the fence to the early morning sky. It was a pretty sight, and the barrenness of the planet reminded her of home. Of Mandalore.
Minus giant spiders.
Atollon was just what the Rebellion needed: a place to park their ships, conserve fuel and to hide from the Empire. Chopper sure did come through with his droid friend by providing the location of the planet...it was quite risky but it was worth it
Hmm, haven't gotten a chance to thank Ketsu fully...
Sabine took out her comlink and set it to the right channel. She needed to speak with Ketsu, mostly about how she had swooped in, blew up some TIE fighters and helped escort the fuel needed to allow a hyperspace jump for the fleet.
Certainly didn't expect that.
"Ketsu! My girl! What WAS that earlier?" Sabine exclaimed with a smile. "What was it you usually told me? I'm not getting involved with the Rebel cause?"
There was a small silence on the other end of the channel, but Sabine could faintly hear Ketsu chuckle.
"...oh Sabine, it's not so easy getting away from you..." Ketsu told her. "But like I also said, you owe me one...more specifically, you owe me a date"
Sabine smirked to the voice. Ah, Sabine would love to have another date...
Well, as long as it doesn't involve me tagging along on another bounty. I'm done with that rubbish.
"Heh. Well, I'll see how I can repay that next time we see each other..." Sabine expressed her enthusiasm, but then was hit by a reality check. "Uh, but later. There too much to do right now...setting up a base and all..."
Not as bad as when I was Captain of Phoenix Squadron...and leader of our crew.
There was a pause in Sabine when one thought reoccurred in her mind, one that had been bothering her for hours now. She felt the need to discuss it.
"I uh...my crews splitting up..." She said quietly with a sad sigh. "Kanan and Ezra? They're leaving...something about being a danger to us all, and having to disembark on a mission they don't even know they'll come back from..."
It seemed every time Ketsu chatted with Sabine, there was always something troubling the younger Mandalorian. Well, if Sabine is comfortable with telling her all these things...it must a good sign of their relationship.
"Sorry to hear that" Ketsu said. "I know I didn't make it look like it, but I can see that your crew are good people. Must suck to lose them...I mean, if they don't come back...but they'll come back, right? I mean...ugh..."
"I'm terrible at this" She thought annoyed with herself.
Sabine lightly chuckled and assured Ketsu it was alright. She couldn't expect Ketsu to say much about it anyways.
"It's alright, I get you" Sabine told her. "But...I've got some goodbyes to give out. I'll...talk to you later?"
"Sure thing. Good luck with the Rebel stuff, by the way" Ketsu replied. "Oh, and don't miss Ezra too much. You'll always have the sex toy if things get too frustrating for you"
Sabine smiled and rolled her eyes at Ketsu's interesting use of humour.
"Hah, right" She said sarcastically. "Talk to you later, Ket"
Sabine cut the signal, and slipped her comlink back onto her belt. She gave another look at the sky before turning and seeking out the rest of the crew.
I don't want them to go...but they gotta do what they gotta do.