A Talk

"Ezra said he was fairly confident in his source when he told us there were to be some interesting prisoners being sent to Nixus at Hub 218..." Kanan told Hera in the Cockpit of the ship. "I can't imagine the Empire will give these prisoners a comfortable stay...we'll have to rescue them when they get transferred"
Hera nodded, and then told of her own issue.
"Along with that, we're lacking reliable means of getting across the Outer Rim with the Empire searching for us ever since the fleet revealed itself when we saved Ezra..." She explained. "Commander Sato believes that the route through Concord Dawn would ease up the problem...but we haven't found the time to discuss the possibility of using the route with the Mandalorians there"
Kanan nodded back and stroked his facial hair. Mandalorians? Well, suppose that Sabine would know something about that, being one herself. It seemed like Sabine always had something to say about anything they did, particularly when the Empire was involved.
"We can't stay on Garel forever" Kanan agreed with a sigh. "The Empire will probably assume by now that we aren't on Lothal anymore...they'll be expanding their search...to be honest, I'm surprised the Imperials here haven't already noticed something suspicious. I'll ask Sabine later what she knows of the Mandalorians on Concord Dawn...and if she thinks usage of their hyperspace route would be possible"
Just as he said that, said Mandalorian entered the Cockpit rather slowly, looking quite nervous. She looked at the two of them, and when Kanan noticed her, he didn't waste any time asking for what she knew.
"Oh, morning Sabine" He greeted. "Me and Hera were just discussing Concord Dawn...more specifically, it's hyperspace route..."
Sabine sat down on her chair, with a slight feeling of relief. This was something she could talk about to ever so slightly delay her inevitable and personal discussion with them.
Hyperspace route? You guys are interested in it?
"Hyperspace route? Oh, the Protectors there sure aren't gonna let you just use it..." She informed them. "Not without their say-so, anyways. Why? Do we need access to it?"
The Protectors hate my House, don't feel like talking to them...
Hera nodded.
"We do..." She replied. "I can't imagine we'll be on Garel much longer...and when we do leave, we'll need as many open routes as we can get in order to evade the Empire. The Outer Rim is large, but so is the Imperial fleet"
It's not like how it used to be, when it was just us. Now, we're apart of something bigger...and bigger problems came with it.
Such as Inquisitors. Ever since Ezra joined the crew, they had those darkly-dressed ligthsaber-spinners to deal with. Sabine was not very fond of them, for obvious reasons.
"Well...I guess at some point we can go to Concord Dawn and negotiate..." Sabine supposed. "The Protectors serve the Mand'alor...they may not be too keen on Imperial rule, especially on Mandalore itself"
Who knows...many bonus points if a fellow Mandalorian is with the negotiators?
Unlikely, but Sabine would take any benefit.
"Thanks Sabine, we could really use that hyperspace route"
They sat silently for a while as Kanan and Hera checked their datapads, being the busy duo they are. As they did that, Sabine slowly began to bring up her courage to initiate her talk with them.
I really want to get this off my chest...
"Uh, hey...guys?" She said almost whispering.
They both hummed in acknowledgement, and Kanan turned in his seat, remembering that Sabine had something rather important to tell them today.
Sabine opened her mouth to talk, and there was a brief pause before she spoke.
"I...need to talk to you both about something" She told them. "Something...important"
Hera then turned in her seat and they both lowered their datapads to look at her, with full attention. Sabine looked at them back, and then glanced behind herself to see if anyone was close by. It was just them.
I only want Kanan and Hera to hear this, for now.
"Can we...go in my room?" She requested, standing up and pointing behind herself. "I know you're busy, but..."
It was then clear to them that this seemed to be something important, indeed. Kanan stood up and Hera after him, before exchanging a glance at each other. Sabine gave a very faint smile and led them into her room, letting them enter and closing the door behind them. She gestured for them to sit at her table under her bunk.
Well, time to get it all out.