Why don't you hug me? (Amanda Zahui B)

They invented hugs to let people know you love them without saying anything.- Bil Keane

Amanda loves her girlfriend with all her heart however, she had one problem:

You were too independent.

Don't get her wrong- she loved the way you managed to work your way through college and had gotten a job in your dream career. She loved the way you could fix something without help or even find a solution to a problem. But she really disliked the fact you never asked her for help with problems. Or when you were upset or sad, you would never ask for help or even a hug.

Amanda loves hugging you. At only 5'2" (Sorry if that's not your actual height!) you were the perfect little spoon when cuddling and hugs weren't just boring hugs that other couples had. With Amanda being 6'5", she would wrap you in her arms and pick you up, forcing you to wrap your arms around her neck and legs around her waist. She got to bury her head in the crook of your neck and breathe in your favorite perfume or soap. It was perfect.

But you never asked for hugs.

And Amanda didn't like that but she didn't know how to tell you. What if you got mad? What if you felt uncomfortable? Worse- what if you wanted to break up? Amanda didn't think she could handle the last outcome. She may just die of a broken heart.

"What is the great Amanda Zahui B Thinking about?" Your sweet voice asked, breaking her out of her thoughts. She looked up and saw you leaning on the couch wearing one of her hoodies- it was of her current team, NY Liberty- and had your hair up in a messy bun.

"Why don't you hug me?"

Amanda's eyes widen as she realized she asked the question she didn't mean to ask. Your eyes widen and you finally made a face.

"I do hug you. What do you mean 'why don't I hug you'?"

Amanda blushed and looked at her lap. "I always have to initiate them. You never just hug me or cuddle or ki-"

Amanda was cut off by your soft lips on her slightly chapped ones. She felt you move into her lap and wrap your arms around her neck, straddling her lap.

"Why didn't you say something sooner?" You asked, kissing her forehead.

"I didn't want to make you angry."

"I would never be mad at you for asking a question that pertains to this relationship."

Amanda smiled, pressing her forehead to your's and kissed you again, enjoying the hug and kiss.

***********************************************************************************************

You narrowed your eyes- Amanda was in one of her 'I want something but don't know how to ask' moods. She had two ways of behaving during this mood; she either pouted or she avoided you like the plague.

She was currently avoiding you like the plague.

You watched as she peeked into the bedroom before disappearing and you growled, slamming your notebook down causing your cat- Nemo- to jump before laying back down.

"AMANDA ZAHUI BAZOUKOU!"

Amanda winced as you said her whole name- last name included- and stomped into view. To an outsider this would have been comical: a 6'5" female fidgeting as a 5'2" female glared at her. But to Amanda, this was downright terrifying.

Although you were slow to anger, when you exploded you were terrifying. The ladies of NY Liberty could testify- they once kept calling you Mini B since your hair was almost like Amanda's- curly, long, and at times unruly- Let's just say, you were now called by your name and your name only.

"Why are you tiptoeing around me?"

Amanda was silent.

You huffed before turning, throwing your hands up in the air. "I knew I should've stayed at work! But no, I tried to be a good girlfriend and come home to see if we could talk but all you did was run into the room and hide! And then ran out when I went to get my books! Oh, and don't even get me started on what you did-"

"You haven't hugged me in two days."

You went silent and Amanda shoved her hands in her pocket, looking at the ground with renewed interest. There was a black spot on the wood she hadn't noticed before. She would have-

She felt arms encircle her waist and a face in her chest. "Sorry. I'm not good with affection since I didn't get a lot as a child so I tend to forget other people need that."

Amanda hugged you back.

"I promise to try and hug you once a day, even if it's just before I leave for work."

Amanda smiled as you smiled back up at her and tiptoed for a kiss.

"You may have to remind me, though."

"I'll just pout," Amanda joked but stopped when you gave her an unimpressed look.

"Pout or avoid me and you sleep on the couch. Got it?"

Amanda nodded- sleeping on the couch was much worse then you not hugging her.

***********************************************************************************************

Amanda bit her bottom lip, a bad habit she had developed when she was nervous or worried. You were supposed to be here already- it was a big game for the NY Liberty and you said you would come. The game was starting in five minutes and Amanda had yet to spot you in the area family, friends, spouses, and others sat.

"She'll be here," Carolyn said, patting her shoulder.

Amanda nodded. The clock read three minutes to game start. She heard the coach call them over and she reluctantly walked over. Shavonte pat her shoulder, giving a small smile. Amanda barely listened as Bill spoke, too busy thinking of all the reasons why you wouldn't be here by now. You were always on time.

One Minute.

Amanda currently hated the angry red numbers that were starting to count down.

45 Seconds.

"Amanda!"

She turned and caught you as you tackle hugged her. She wrapped her arms around your waist, smiling and kissing your cheek.

"I thought you weren't coming," Amanda said.

"When have I ever missed your games? I always come!"

Amanda smiled and was surprised but happy when you kissed her.

"Now go get them bidrottning."

Amanda smiled at the nickname and put you down, kissing you one more time as you went to join her parents and brother.

She now knew why you didn't hug her all the time. Because when you did, it made the love all the more stronger and sweeter.

***********************************************************************************************

bidrottning- Swedish word for Queen Bee