Chapter 23: Can't Trust Anyone

Dipper's POV (I know, we never here from him)

"That was really cool Great Uncle Ford," I exclaimed as we both entered the Mystery Shack.

"Yeah, kid, I can't believe you've never been to a planetarium before," He replied.

Our chatter was halted though by the sight of the vending machine door being open.

"Hmm?" Ford mumbled, "I could've sworn I shut this."

"Yeah, me too!"

"Dipper, preapre for intruders," He commanded me as we both slowly crept down the steps.

I followed behind him my heart excelleratimg. What if someone got ahold of the rift? What if someone got the wand? So many questions raced around my brain. We checked each floor and every corner making sure no one was hiding. When we reached our final destination my heart stopped. On the ground laid my sister, Mabel.

"Mabel!" I screamed.

I left Ford's side and ran towards her. She was still breathing (Thank goodness). She was sweating and didn't look so well. I shook her and she didn't wake up.

Ford walked up. He squat down and checked her temperature.

"She's really heated up," He said.

"Quick! Call an ambulance!" I cried.

Ford walked over to the nearest phone and called 911.

While he talked on the phone I stared at Mabel. I felt horrible. I've said such nasty things to her and here she is knocked out. I should've been there. I should've been by her side. Maybe if I was with her this wouldn't have happened. I know she was upset when I warned her about Tom, but I should've really pushed it.

I felt anger stir in me.

Tom. He must've done this.

Ford returned over, "Hey, Dipper, it's going to be alright, the ambulance is on their way."

I felt a lump in my throat. What if things weren't okay?

"I'll carry her upstairs, just try to relax, alright?" Ford told me.

I nodded. Ford left and I sat there on the cold floor of the room.

I began to cry.

"Mabel you didn't deserve this," I sniffled, "I should've never said any of those things."

I cried harder.

All she was trying to do was be nice to an outcast, and he returned the favor by tranquilizing her. Who knows what else he did?

I guess in Gravity Falls you really can't trust anyone.