Chapter 6: The Nightmare

Star's POV

After grabbing something to eat, Marco and I decided to make a phone call to Marco's parents. We explained that we wouldn't be home for awhile because we're out on a dangerous adventure and that they shouldn't worry, you know the usual.

We planned on heading straight to the Mystery Shack after that, but this town is so cool! We spent all day exploring it and having fun! It was nothing like anywhere else on Earth. Since it was late when we were done we had to stay at a hotel.

It took hours to find one, but when we did we were glad. We both were exhausted.

We could only afford a small room, so Marco said he'd sleep on the floor.

I was exhausted, so I didn't take long to fall asleep, but I had a strange dream.
I was standing in the ruins of my castle. Dead, decaying bodies surrounded me. The smell of smoke filled the air.
he sky was red and I was alone.

"Hello!" I called out.

My voice just echoed.

I walked around feeling scared and lonely. Where was everyone? Then I heard laughing. Mad laughter. Then I saw something that made me wake up screaming, Marco's neck being snapped by some invisible force.

I woke up screaming and covered in sweat.

"Star! Are you okay?" Marco asked.

"I'm fine." I grabbed my pillow and held it close to me.

The dream was so realistic, it was terrifying and horrifying. I couldn't get that evil laughter out of my head, and the cracking sound of Marco's neck as he died. I slowly began to rock back and forth trying to calm myself down.

I heard ruffling from where Marco was as he stood up and walked over to me and sat down.

"Bad dream?" He asked.

This was more then a dream. I didn't want to make him worry anymore though. He already worried about me too much. "Yeah, it was just a bad dream."

He pulled me into a hug and I hugged him back. I felt safe in his arms and at peace. The thought of losing my best friend killed me. After a while he let go and laid back down to go to sleep. I stared at the hotel ceiling. Never have I ever wanted my wand more then now. I felt so unsafe. I felt like I was being watched. I pulled the covers to myself tighter. I just wanted to go to sleep. But what if that dream continued? Pull yourself together Star.

I slowly stood up, being careful so I wouldn't wake up Marco. I tiptoed to the bathroom with a glass. I turned on the light and the sink. Cold water rushed out of the faucet. I placed the glass under it and filled it to the rim. I slowly drank the glass.

Why does it seem that bad things always happen to Marco when I'm around? I reassured myself that it's just a dream and I'm probally just being paranoid. Why do I always feel extra parnoid without my wand. I've gotten waaaaaaaay to attached to that thing. After finishing my glass I laid back down hoping to catch some shut eye.

I wish I never went back to sleep.

Sorry I haven't updated in soooo long! Thanks for all the reads and votes (I know its not a lot but every single one of you matter to me!), anyway have a FANTABULOUS day! Bye!