Chapter 33: Waiting

Dipper's POV

I sat in my chair slouched down. The room was lit very bright. A man sat at his desk typing on his computer while another stood at the door making sure I don't escape.

This was awful. I wish I could convince them that something really big is happening and I don't have time to wait here.

"How much longer will I be here for?" I asked slightly annoyed.

"Until we can get in contact with someone you know," The man answered me without looking up, "What's her name again?"

"Wendy," I told him, "She can pick me up, everyone else is either lost or at this hospital,"

The police glanced at me before sighing, "Okay," He reached over for his phone and began dialing the number I assumed he looked up.

Thing Dipper, I told myself.

I looked around. There had to be a way to escape.

"Uh sir!" I called out.

He looked up, annoyed I interrupted his dialing.

"I... uh, need to use the restroom," I blurted out.

"You think no ones tried that trick before," He grunted, "Hold it kid,"

"B- but, I really have to go,"

"Well that sounds like a personal problem," He relied dryly.

There goes that plan.

Mabel would know what to do.

Okay, Dipper think like Mabel.

I looked around everywhere.

What's something Mabel does? I then noticed a vent above me.

It then hit me. Mabel doesn't have any limitations to her imagination. Anything is possible if she tries hard enough in her mind.

I can go through the vent.

Nice idea, and how will you reach it let alone get to it without being caught.

I had to think. What would Mabel do?

I had to find away to distract both of them.

I groaned. I was never getting out of here.

Marco's POV

"What happened?!" Star and I yelled in unison as we stared at the destruction in front of us.

The Mystery Shack was ruined. Pieces of wood fell as smoke still lingered in the air. A few firefighters lingered making sure they put out every last bit of whatever burned down the shack.

Officers stood in front taking notes of the damage.

Star slowly took a step forward. She looked around fear crawling into her eyes.

"W-what?" She said in awe while taking in the destruction.

I was just as speechless as she was. The one place that gave us a home when we needed it was destroyed and gone.

Star seemed shaken, "Who would do this?" She said, "This was someone's home,"

I reassuringly grabbed her hand and gave it a squeeze, "I don't know Star,"

She glanced down at our hands and jerked her hand back slightly. I cleared my throats and we returned to the current situation.

"Do you think they got out?" I asked her.

"I hope so," Star said.

Then she paused. The color drained from her face for a second. Then she ran towards the damage.

"Star wait up!" I chased after her.

She ran pass the police and firefighters and began to aimlessly look through the ashes and ruins.

"Star?" I asked.

She hastily crawled around ignoring the calls from everyone to get up. She began to panic.

"Star, you have to stop," I ran over to her and yanked her arm.

"My wand," She turned to me and said, her eyes watering, "I lost it. What if someone else has it?"

"Umm,"

"This is all my fault," Star cried, "If I would've never brought us here in the first place, and the poor Pines,"

"This isn't your fault Star," I told her.

"Marco," She said sternly, "How can it not be? My ex boyfriend is storming around like crazy bringing destruction everywhere he goes, only because I refuse to date him!"

"You can't-"

"No, if only I would stop being so difficult and just date him maybe he'd stop," She began to sob.

"Star," I whispered.

"Hey!" A firefighter finally caught up to us.

Everything after that seemed to go in slow motion. It was as if none of this was real.

The firefighters fought with Star as she refused to move. They kept attempting to pull her up and move her while she kept screaming.

One yanked me and dragged me away from Star while she reached out for me.

Everything was falling apart. How could this have happened?

A/N

Hey guys! Sorry for the wait, I think I'm gonna try to update at least every other week, if not every two weeks. I don't have much to say I guess, so BYE! (╹◡╹)ノ゙~~