Chapter 21: Operation Steal The Wand (Part 3 of 3)

Mabel's POV

I walked over to the wand. There it was. It was beautiful. It's purple outline seemed to glow. The golden star in the middle was hypnotizing. A crack ran through the middle of it, but it seemed almost complete. I reached out to it. I could feel it's power. I began to think, do I really need to return this? It's so powerful. Imagine all the things I can do. I can make Dipper and I friends again, get Candy and Grenda the guys of their dreams, get myself my own dream guy, and I could maybe get rid of Ford the man who stole my brother.

I was about to snatch the wand and take it when Tom grabbed it first.

"Mabel, you have to be careful with the wand," He told me, "It's better if I hold it since I know how it works better."

I blinked. What just happened? It was as if the power was convincing me to be someone I'm not. Like right now. This isn't me. Being mean to my brother, stealing this wand, like sure I was returning it after, but i mean I'm doing it for someone who worked with Bill and could be possibly still be with him. Even worst, I thought about getting rid of Ford. Who was I becoming?

"Tom," I said, "This is a bad idea,"

He glared at me, "What do you mean?"

"This- this isn't right," I told him, "We can't do this, I can't do this, let's just forget about it,"

Tom didn't seem to like what I said, he backed up slowly, "Mabel, I need this,"

"I know, but I can help you get Marco another way and-"

"No, Mabel, you don't understand," Tom snapped, "I need this wand,"

"Tom, you really don't," I stressed, "I can help you with the Marco situation, just put the wand back, please Tom."

Tom stared at me and then the wand. He looked down.

"Mabel," He said.

"Yes?"

"I'm sorry,"

I stood there confused. What was he apologizing for? He didn't do anything.

But then, he pulled out a syringe.

"Tom?" I panicked, "What are you doing?"

"You can't help me anymore, to get the help I need, I need this wand," He said darkly, "Don't worry, you won't remember anything."

"No!" I cried as he plunged the syringe into my neck.

Everything began to fade out, I felt myself fall, but before I hit the ground the last thing I saw was Tom hovering above me with the wand