Chapter 17: Dipper vs Mabel

Mabel's POV

I flung open the front door of the mystery shack and stormed up the stairs. I didn't even say hi to Soos I was so angry.

Why do people think I'm stupid? They all see me as a helpless child and feel like they need to hold my hand throughout my life! It wasn't just the fact that Star and Marco was telling me who I can and can't hang out with, but that everyone seems to think I can't take care of myself! So what my new friend's a demon? He's still just as human as I am! He's not evil, he's a good person and people need to realize that.

When I reached my room I flung down onto my bed.

"Mabel?"

I turned and saw Dipper sitting on his bed reading through his stupid journal as if he hasn't read it already. Does he except new words to pop up?

I pulled my sweater over my head and turned towards the wall.

"Sweater Town isn't accepting any visitors right now."

"Mabel, listen, what I said last night was mean, I'm sorry." He said.

I didn't reply.

"I didn't mean it. You aren't selfish, you've done many helpful things this summer and," Dipper chuckled, "Without you I probably would be a bigger idiot, you made this summer fun."

"Thanks Dipper, I forgive you, but that doesn't change things." I mumbled.

I heard Dipper stand up, "What do you mean it doesn't change things?"

"You apologizing doesn't do anything, you're still going to hang out with Stanford and ignore me," I explained.

"Oh I get it," he spat, "You can spend time with your demon psychopathic friend, but I can't spend time with a smart scientist,"

I pulled my sweater off my head, "Dipper, I'm only hanging out with other people because you spend such a long time with Stanford!"

"He's using you Mabel! He tried to kill Marco!" Dipper yelled.

"No he isn't! All Tom wants is to help Star! Maybe Marco is the one we shouldn't trust!"

"Seriously Mabel! Gosh, girls are so stupid!"

"Girls are stupid?" I snapped, "Boys are the stupid ones! How do you know we can trust anyone? Stanford could be working with Bill still! Marco could be out to kill Star! Can I even trust you anymore?"

"Honestly, Mabel, I don't know if I can trust you anymore." Dipper said before grabbing his journal and storming out, he stopped at the door, "Oh and by the way, I take back my apology, your selfish behavior could leave this family in danger. We may be brother and sister, but we can never be friends again."

Right then I felt my heart shatter. I began to sob once he left.

That's it. Dipper you want me to be selfish, then I will.