TWENTY-NINE

I have never seen a meme so truer. please send help, it's so hot here lmao

 please send help, it's so hot here lmao

//

"They say we're too young to love, but maybe they're too old to remember

"They say we're too young to love, but maybe they're too old to remember."
{Wiz Khalifa}

//

I SHOT OUT of my sleep once I heard Pony's name. All of us were waiting anxiously for the news.

"Pony woke up, but he has some minor amnesia. If you walk in there and he doesn't recognize you, don't be upset. This will go away in a few days." The doctor explained.

"HE'S ALIVE!" We all shouted and started cheering. I was so excited that I forgot the doctor even told us he had amnesia.

We walked inside the hospital room slowly and quietly. Pony glanced up when he saw us and his eyes lit up. "Guys! I miss y'all!"

Soda and Darry grinned and went over to give their brother a hug. I walked in front of Steve and Pony furrowed his eyebrows. "Steve, you didn't tell me you got a girlfriend."

My smile faded and I felt like crying again.

"I wouldn't date anyone here... except for one person, but that doesn't matter at the moment I guess." I mumbled and my gaze fell to the floor.

Johnny put his hand on my shoulder. "He'll remember you, Kieran. It will take a few days, but he will."

"Wait, are you my girlfriend? The doctors said I had amnesia, so maybe I forgot you." Pony spoke, smiling at me.

I shook my head. "No, we weren't dating. We were just really close."

"Yeah, but basically y'all were dating." Two-Bit butted in, making me slap him on the shoulder.

"Well, maybe when I get out of the hospital today you can help me remember things."

I nodded, smiling. "That would be great." Hearing Pony's voice was the only thing to keep me from not breaking down.

//

"SO, YOUR NAME is, Kieran?" Pony questioned, tapping his feet against the wooden porch.

I nodded my head. "You always called me Kip."

He chuckled. "So, Kip, walk me through how we met."

I recalled the memory, smiling.

//

He ran towards me and I ducked right as he raised his fist to hit me. The boy took my hand and dragged me away from Bob, running extremely fast. He must be in track or something. We disappeared behind a wall, and Bob ran right past us. I breathed out a sigh of relief and glanced over at the boy who saved me. "Kieran Smith. What's your name?"

"Ponyboy Curtis." He answered and I immediately grinned. "I like your name. We both have unique names." 

He smiled at me. "Yeah, I guess we do."

//

"SO, I MET you by saving you from Bob?"

I nodded my head. "Yeah, you were quite the superhero. You've saved me many times after that too."

Ponyboy had an amused look on his face. "Well, tell me about the other times we've had together."

I told him about the triangle, the coma I had, the mystery, the letters, who it was, how he got into a coma, and every little thing in between. He looked extremely confused. "So, we were basically tormented?"

I nodded, my head, laughing. "Yeah, in the end though, we won."

Pony smiled and we were looking at the sunset once again. "You always had a thing for sunsets." I spoke, my eyes sparking at the beautiful sky.

"I can see why." He spoke from beside me, amazement in his voice.

"You were the one that got me to look at sunsets."

He grinned. "Well, I'm glad to have met you."

I sighed, sad. "Do you remember me now?"

His expression was unreadable.

He wasn't answering me and I knew that he still doesn't. It's been three days and the doctor said it should've worn off by now.

"Well, I'm going to go." I excused, standing up. There were tears in my eyes, so I turned away so he couldn't see them.

I was halfway across the front yard, almost to the road. Pony started running towards me and he stopped when he was looking at me.

"We are infinite."

"You do remember." I sobbed into his chest.

Once I pulled away from the hug, he grinned at me. "Yeah, and I hope I remember this too."

He smashed his lips against mine, catching me by surprise.

When he pulled away, he grinned. "Let's go to the Nightly Double."

"Yeah, and let's never go to the Dingo and Jay's." We both shivered and started laughing.

//

and that's the last chapter..

but, there will be an epilogue!!!