ELEVEN

AFTER ME SLAPPING Eagan in the face multiple times on the way, she pushed me into the door of the Dingo and Jay's

AFTER ME SLAPPING Eagan in the face multiple times on the way, she pushed me into the door of the Dingo and Jay's. Ponyboy and Cherry were sitting at a booth talking and laughing and a pang of jealousy automatically hit me.

"Do I really have to go over there?" I whined like a five year old and Eagan rolled her eyes. "After slapping me ten hundred times, hell yeah you do!"

I trudged over there and Ponyboy smiled when he saw me. Cherry rolled her eyes and looked out the window. I sat beside Ponyboy and Cherry was across from us. Eagan waved me goodbye while smirking and I grunted while flipping her off. She giggled and ran out the door, leaving an awkward silence between us three. To make it even more awkward, Dale came over.

He stared at all three of us and I kept glaring at him. "You okay, Kieran?" He asked while furrowing his eyebrows. I shook my head and replied sarcastically, "No, I'm perfectly fine!"

"Well, umm, what would y'all want to order?" He questioned while clearing his throat. 

"I want a steak and a chocolate milkshake." Pony answered and Dale nodded while writing it down.

"I want a salad and a glass of water. As long as it's not tap." Cherry spoke and I rolled my eyes, "Unless you're a celebrity, Cherry, deal with it. We're living in Tulsa and if you want to be treated like a little princess then go back to Bob."

She narrowed her eyes at me and Dale tried to hold his laugh in, but it didn't work. Pony just gave me a glare and I ignored him. "Dale, you already know what I want."

"Yes ma'am, I do." He spoke and started to leave. I ran behind the counter with him and spoke quietly. "Where did you get my grandma's picture?"

"Uhhhhh..... I- um, I bought it from her. Why?" He asked nonchalantly. "Why did you give it to Ponyboy?" I started interrogating him and he held my hand. "Kieran, I know you love playing detective, but I simply just gave it to him. Why are you so hung up about it?"

"Why am I so hung up about it?" I started raising my voice, "I'm like a freaking time bomb! I feel like I'm about to go off at any second and I need you to tell me the truth, Dale! You gave it to him for a reason!"

(I totally thought of TFIOS when I wrote that part haha)

He sighed. "You are exactly like your dad. You have to know everything."

"Oh, well if it were up to me, I'd like to know if my spouse was cheating on me too." I spat, defending my dad.

He looked taken aback and I flipped my hair sassily, while walking back to the booth. I will find this out. Trust me. Cherry cleared her throat. "So, we're in a triangle?"

"I guess so." Pony replied simply.

"You know what?" I asked while crossing my arms. "I never really got love triangles because a triangle is all connected, and that would mean that the two girls or guys had to at least like each other in that way, when in reality, they hate each other. It's more like two lines, an incomplete triangle. It really just doesn't make sense to me. Like, Cherry and I hate each other. We don't like each other, so instead of a triangle it's more like a straight line."

They both nodded their heads, agreeing with me and I stood up out of the booth. "Wait, where are you going?" Pony asked, holding my wrist. I looked down at his hand and when he realized it, he let go.

"I- I was just going to leave." I stuttered, surprised that he didn't want me to go. "After my talk with Dale, I've lost my appetite." I put the money for my food on the table and Pony put my money back in my hand. "I'll pay."

I groaned, knowing we were both stubborn and were going to fight about this. "No, I'll pay." I sat the money back down and he shook his head, putting it back in my hand. I huffed and eventually gave up, and I walked out of the Dingo and Jay's. It wasn't completely dark outside, so the sunset was visible. I stopped and stared at it, admiring its beauty. I glanced back towards the window and found Ponyboy grinning at me. I grinned back and started walking to my house.

I was about a block away when I heard the familiar sound of a Mustang pull up. I took a deep breath and turned around. Bob and Randy stepped out and walked over to me, smirking. "What, are you going to beat me?" I put my arms out.

"Of course not!" Bob gasped. "Why would I want to hurt you when you still have a cast on your arm?"

I furrowed my eyebrows. "I can't tell if you're being serious or sarcastic."

"We'll just go with whatever you think." He flashed me a smile and walked up to me. I shifted uncomfortably and chuckled. "Relax, I just came to give you this. I thought you might want to know."

My eyes went huge and I dropped the piece of paper. "You have to be kidding. Please tell me you're joking with me, Bob!"

He shook his head. "I wouldn't joke about this."

"Then where did you find this?!" I shrieked, tears threatening to spill.

His face softened. "The police station window."

My eyes went huge and I ran to Gramp's house. When I entered, he ran over to me. "Honey, what's wrong?"

I shoved the paper in his face and once he read it, his reaction was the same as mine. "This can't be real."

"Gramps, stop joking with me! I'm not stupid! You knew about this didn't you?!" I screamed at the top of my lungs and he sighed and sat down. "I'm sorry, Kieran."

I shook my head and scoffed. "No you're not."

I ran out the door and just ran. I didn't know where I was going and I didn't care. I ran into someone and I fell to the ground while the other person cursed loudly. I shot my head up, "Dally?"

He helped me up when he recognized me. "Kieran? What are you doing here? This is a bad part of town to be in." He lit a cigarette and I started crying even more.

I showed him the paper and his eyes went wide when he read it. "Isn't this your..."

I nodded.