TWENTY

Go ahead and get your huge detective glasses on because this chapter is going to have TONS of foreshadowing.

//

"The body is like a sentence that invites us to rearrange it, so that its real meaning becomes clear through a series of endless anagrams

"The body is like a sentence that invites us to rearrange it, so that its real meaning becomes clear through a series of endless anagrams."
{Hans Bellmer}

//

"SODA, STEVE, COULD you two let us talk privately?" I quietly asked, and they nodded, giving me one last hug before they left. On their way out, they ruffled Pony's hair.

I glanced at Pony and instantly wanted to pull him into a hug. He had black marks all over him from the fire. He looked miserable, and I probably looked the same way.

He sat in the chair beside the hospital bed, and I sat up, revealing the letter I got on the bear. His eyes went wide as he pulled out his letter. "Before we start talking about this, I just wanted to let you know that I'm sorry." I spoke softly. 

He knitted his eyebrows in confusion. "Kieran, why are you sorry? I should be the one telling you sorry. I mean, for goodness sake, you just lost your grandfather and you about died in an explosion from saving me!"

I chuckled lightly. "This guy or girl that's after me was originally going for me. Then, you came into the picture. Ponyboy, this is a person that's obviously associated with my parents. It makes me so pissed that they dragged you into it. This person should've just stuck with trying to hurt me."

I got cut off by Pony's lips softly brushing against mine. When he pulled away, I raised my eyebrows. "Well, that definitely woke me up."

He started laughing. "That's why I did it. Now, let's find out who this bastard is."

We switched letters and reading Pony's gave me chills. Pony read out loud the quote in my letter. "The mystery of life isn't a problem to solve, but a reality to experience."

"Of course. This sick bastard wants us to go out on an adventure like were Lois and Clark." I snapped frustratingly.

Ponyboy started laughing and sighed. "I don't know if I can do this, you know? He or she is probably going to make us go places we've never been and break into things. If Darry finds out, he'll be so pissed."

"He's never going to find out." I gave a devilish smirk and Pony had an uneasy look on his face. "You're scaring me. Maybe that coma has like, messed with you or something."

I started chuckling, "Pony, my parents are in the FBI. Plus, I've watched so many episodes of crimes and mysteries, I'm a pro. You just have to trust me."

"Wait, why AREN'T we calling your parents? They'll probably figure this out in no time."

"Are you stupid?!" I yelled, "That person won't hesitate to kill us or anyone else who gets in the way, Pony. I think they've shown us that by killing Gramps! Plus, payback. No one is going to kill my grandpa and get away with it!"