NINETEEN

Got a secret,Can you keep it?Swear this one you'll save

Got a secret,
Can you keep it?
Swear this one you'll save.
Better lock it in your pocket,
Taking this one to the grave.
If I show you then I know you
Won't tell what I said.
'Cause two can keep a secret
If one of them is dead.

//

I WAS LAYING in my bed, restless. I couldn't go to sleep until I knew Pony was awake. I kept fiddling with all of the cords attached to me, wanting to rip them straight out of my skin. It feels like I'm being trapped in a jail cell. Derek came in with a... white bear. It was the exact same one my Gramps got for me in my flashback.

"Someone sent this to the front desk. Said it was for you." Derek spoke while handing me the white bear. It had the same exact blue overalls the one Gramps gave me.

I knitted my eyebrows in confusion. "Who's it from?"

"Anonymous."

He left the room and I examined the bear. The only difference in this bear from the one Gramps gave me, was no purple mark. On my bear, I accidentally got purple marker on it, and it's a tiny line on it's back. This one, however, has no mark at all. Who in the hell is this from?

There was a note attached to the bear, so I ripped it off and opened the letter.

So, you're alive?

That's perfectly fine. It was my whole plan. To make your Gramps die. See, I knew he'd have a heart attack once he heard you got in an accident.

All it took was for me to take away one of his pill bottles. The most important one. His ACE (angiotensin converting enzyme) which allows his blood to flow through his arteries. Once you take that away though, no blood gets to the heart. Right, Kieran?

You can call me an evil bastard all you want, but I prefer mastermind. That's what I like to do. I love to mess with people's minds.

Yours especially.

You love mysteries, right?

This one will be hard for you to figure out. Who am I? And, I bet you're wondering how I knew that exact bear was the one your Gramps got you at the carnival.

Looks like you have to figure out that mystery also. Don't worry, though, I'm not that mean. I wouldn't let you go through this type of suffering by yourself. So, that's why your best friend, or should I say, crush? Ponyboy, got a letter from me too. I knew he would go back to the abandoned church.