TWENTY-EIGHT

"I look at you, and I just love you, and it terrifies me

"I look at you, and I just love you, and it terrifies me. It terrifies me what I would do for you."
{unknown}

//

"WHAT'S WRONG?" I yelled out impatiently while holding on tightly to Dally's arm.

"Ponyboy slipped into a coma. I'm so sorry." The doctor apoligized with a sad look on his face.

I felt a spark of hope. "He has a chance of waking up though, right?"

The doctor was silent for a moment. "It will be near impossible for him to wake up. I'm terribly sorry. You may all go see him now. One at a time please."

I felt like my heart was crushing more by the minute.

"Oh, and there is still a chance he can hear you. So, be as happy and as positive as possible! If he believes everything is fine and he can wake up, his body will gain enough strength and hopefully wake up. So, act like I didn't tell you it was impossible." The doctor explained as we all nodded.

"Kieran, you go first. You've been with Pony the most out of all of us." Darry spoke, his voice weak from crying so much.

I shook my head repeatedly. "No, you two are his brothers. You go first."

Soda laughed and ruffled my hair that was caked in blood. It wasn't a pretty sight. "Ki, just go ahead and go in there. He's waiting for you."

I took a deep breath and nodded, walking towards Pony's room. When I saw his body laying there, lifeless, I had to hold back my urge to cry.

Be positive. Don't cry. Be strong. For Pony.

I sat in the chair beside his bed and took his gentle hand in mine. I chuckled out loud. "Pony, it's Kieran. It looks like you're the one that's in a coma now. I remember when I was here. I know you can hear me because when I was in my coma, I could hear you." I took a deep breath before continuing.

"Your voice got me out of my coma." I choked out the words.

"So," I took a deep breath, "I want to do the same thing for you. Ponyboy Michael Curtis, I love you so much with all of my heart. I remember when we were looking for the letter in the park. You were in the water fountain while I was sitting on the bench with Johnny and Dally. They asked me if I loved you. I didn't answer them because I... couldn't. I didn't know why then, but now I do know why."

A smile flew on my face. "I didn't tell them because I wanted to tell you. Just me and you. So, I love you. I love you. I love you. You became my partner in crime over the past few weeks, and I don't think I could've gotten through it without you."