SIXTEEN

"Caught in the crossfire of a silent scream, where one man's nightmare is another man's dream

"Caught in the crossfire of a silent scream, where one man's nightmare is another man's dream."
{Bryan Adams}

//

"KIERAN, WE NEED to talk." Ponyboy spoke. We were sitting outside on the porch and I was swinging my legs back and forth.

"Fine," I shrugged, "talk to me."

He hesitated. "I want to talk to you at the abandoned church. Johnny told me he took you there before, I figured it was my turn to take you."

I gave him a small smile. "Well, what are you waiting for? Let's go."

Ponyboy and I haven't talked in a month. With him being around Cherry twenty-four-seven, I never really got to see him. This is the first time he's talked to me, and it's probably about Cherry. They broke up last night and Ponyboy was absolutely devastated.

//

Dally and I were sitting on the couch along with, Two, watching Mickey Mouse. Two-Bit turned towards Dally and I. "Y'all have been spending so much time together, it's like y'all are actually dating."

Dally scoffed. "We're only doing this to make Ponyboy jealous. Plus, I want Cherry back."

Two shrugged his shoulders. "Whatever you say, Dal."

Just then, Pony rushed inside, tears streaming down his face. I immediately stood up and walked over to him. "Pony, what's wrong?"

He put his head in my chest and kept crying. I rubbed the back of his head, soothingly. "Does it have to deal with Cherry, Ponyboy? What did she do to you?"

"S-she cheated on me with Bob."

I rolled my eyes. "And of course, you didn't listen to me. I told you they were out kissing in that Mustang, Pony. Johnny and I both told you, but you didn't listen."

He looked up at me, his eyes a dark shade of grey. "I-I'm so sorry, Kieran. I'm so so sorry."

A dismal expression washed over my face. He sounded so serious and I felt bad for him. "Here, let's get you to your bed."

I lead him to the bedroom him and Soda shared, and he trudged over and collapsed on the bed, his face buried in a pillow. He started crying some more and I watched him from the doorway, my heart felt like it shattered. It killed me to see Pony this hurt. I gently closed the door and walked back into the living room. Dally came over to me and gave me a sad smile, "I guess we have to 'break-up' huh?"