SIX

"And though she be but little, she is fierce

"And though she be but little, she is fierce."- Shakespeare

//

WHEN WE ARRIVED at the house, Gramps tried to help me out of the car. I chuckled. "Grandpa, all I did was break my arm, I didn't break my legs."

He gave me a glare and I started laughing, causing him to flash me a small smile. I got on the porch and sat on the swing, looking out onto the sky. Gramps sat beside me and furrowed his eyebrows. "What are you looking at?"

"Ponyboy told me to look at the sunset when I get home. I've never noticed it before, so I'm waiting for it."

He nodded his head and looked with me. I gasped. "It's beautiful!" 

My Grandpa smiled. "I never really paid attention to how beautiful the sunset is."

"I haven't either, but now I'm going to

"I haven't either, but now I'm going to." I spoke, instantly thinking of Pony.

He chuckled to himself and I glanced over at him in confusion. "What's so funny?"

"Love." He sighed, and I awkwardly looked away. I do NOT want to talk about this topic with my grandpa.

"I know you're thinking of him." He spoke and I buried my face into my hands, groaning. "Gramps, I don't want to talk about this right now."

"Look, even if you don't want to listen to me, just listen. I did the same thing with your grandma. I still think about her everyday." His voice changed when he talked about grandma. You could tell they were in love with each other.

I cracked a smile and we rocked back and forth on the porch swing until the sunset faded, leaving nothing but darkness. We stood up and walked inside and I instantly hopped in the shower, being careful about the huge cast on my arm.

Everything I did was difficult. I never realized how grateful I should be for my arm. After about an hour in the shower, I finally stomped out of the bathroom. My grandpa looked at me and busted out into laughter. I tried glaring at him, but miserably failed and started laughing too. "That cast is hard on ya, huh?"