Star Gazing

Ross: “See that one? When I’m away, just look at that star and think of me,” he whispers, sending shivers down your spine. “What if it’s daytime?” you blurt out. “Just look at the sun,” he sighs. “But what if it’s too bright?” you say, knowing you’re annoying him now. His sigh is louder this time, “Then just think of me!” he laughs, “Count on you to ruin the moment,” he adds, shaking his head. 

Riker: “You still awake?” he asks quietly. You nod, not moving your attention from out of the window in the beautiful starry night sky. “What are you doing?” he whispers, wrapping his hand around your waist. “Looking outside,” you reply nonchalantly. You hear him sigh behind you, “Is everything okay?” he asks, concerned. You turn around to face him, “Of course it is, why wouldn’t it be?” you ask him. “Never mind,” he says, snuggling closer. He rests his head above yours, watching the stars with you until you fall asleep. 

Rocky: He’s sitting up on the lawn chair, you right beside him on the other one. You’re laying down, trying to count all of the stars, giving up quickly. He plays you a few songs on his guitar, trying to make you feel better. He’s staring at you more than anything else, while you focus on the sky and the beautiful melody. “You know,” he pauses, “I would have figured you’d be asleep by now,” he chuckles. “No way,” you sigh, turning to him. He sets the guitar down, squeezing in your patio chair. He wraps his arms around you, watching the stars with you. 

Ratliff: “Camping’s not that bad,” he smiles, shaking his head. “It’s not, but being in this tent sucks. I can’t even see outside? What’s the point, we’re supposed to see nature!” you argue, grinning. He thinks for a moment, before jumping from his spot beside you. You sit up, watching him race outside. He takes off the cover of the tent, and takes his spot beside you. “Thank you,” you say gratefully, snuggling closer to him. You look up towards the sky, when you hear him mumble, “Beautiful.” “Yeah, it is isn’t it?” you ask. “I meant you, but that’s pretty too,” he smiles.

Ryland: You do nothing but lay with each other outback, covering the ground with blankets. You rest comfortably in his arms, watching the comet passing by. “Make a wish,” he smiles, turning to face you. You close your eyes for a few seconds, feeling the wind rustle your hair. When you open them back up, he’s staring intently at you. “What’d you wish for?” he asks curiously. “Can’t tell you,” you smirk, as he gives you a playful glare.