Part 20 - Tonight and forever

Tomorrow was their wedding day, Karen constantly going over everything on the list that Stevie asked for, not being given any sort of down time - Stevie wanted to be relaxed by the time she said, I do!  In ways she knew that it wasn't fully fair but this was what she was paying her assistant for, to do the things that she particularly did not want to do, using the hours before her big day to do what ever she pleased. Lindsey on the other hand was anxious and restless, not having as much to worry about as Stevie but wanting the day to come, being denied any sort of communication with her until that evening.

...It smelled like a roast as he retreated down the stairs, dressed in the black pants and white shirt Stevie requested, meeting her in the kitchen as everything was freshly prepared.

"Well, hello," said Stevie as she leaned up against the back of a chair, wearing a long black velvet dress, hair pinned up. "I see you got my memo."

"OH, baby, I got it,"  slowly walking towards her, already smelling her perfume, taking her by the waist as he gave her a long kiss. "I didn't ask for this," saying against her lips, "...you know I don't ask for much."

"I know," hands on his chest, playing with the buttons of his shirt, "...but I wanted this special," meeting his eyes. "Lindsey, we are getting married tomorrow and tonight I want to be as romantic as possible... with you," biting her red colored lips as he broke out in a sweat.

"I think I can do that," grinning with a nod, kissing the crook of her neck. "Thank you for this, it looks amazing."

"Nothing but the best for my man," stepping to the side as she pulled a chair out for him.

"Steph, you don't have to do that."

"I insist... I'm taking this time to worship you; won't you let me worship you?"

Gulping, Lindsey was already adjusting his pants, sitting down in the chair as she then pulled out her own. "I still think I should have been the one to pull out your chair."

"Lindsey, please, you won't be pulling out," pouring him a glass of wine as his mouth hung open.

"Wow..." dabbing the sweat from his forehead with the napkin.

"As much as I try not to be sleazy, it just wouldn't be me," giving a wink while pouring her own glass, picking up her knife and fork. "I made sure that the roast was not dry, I know how much you hate that."

"Thank you for your consideration," licking his lips as he watched her chew.

"Don't just stare at it, eat it."

"What if it's you  I want to eat?"

"There'll be plenty of time for that later," taking another bite as he began to dive right in, Stevie taking off one of her heels to run her foot against his leg.

"So I guess this is why you kept me upstairs most of the day," gesturing around them with his fork.

"You're right," working her fork around her plate.

"It's really lovely, honey, I appreciate all of your efforts... I'm very happy right now."

"I hope you're always happy with me."

"You know that it wouldn't be us if we were always happy," then crouching as her napkin went flying in his direction, Lindsey laughing as he reached for her hand, caressing her knuckles. "I'm happy with the choice that I've made... you know, to bring you back in to my life."

Stevie felt the tears meet the brim of her eyes, blinking them away but failing as she had to dab them with her napkin. "I have wanted you for so long, Lindsey, and this is so special right now. I, for some reason, I can't even believe this is happening."