Part 7 - Reciprocated

Through early morning, Lindsey watched Stevie sleep, lightly touching her as she only reached for him farther. He felt so many different emotions while replaying everything over in his head, how being with her like that in this way again could ignite all those familiar feelings. Lindsey was just going through so much, so much self loathe, making it nearly impossible to realize Stevie's own viewpoint on the subject; he felt it of no use while she felt it entirely useful.

Draping her robe over her naked body, Lindsey picked her up in to his arms to bring her back to her own bedroom, afraid that there'd only be more arguing if Roger learned of what they'd done. Lindsey wanted Stevie to be the one to break everything to him if she was willing to sacrifice a man that could make love properly over another, laying her down gently and folding the robe at the end of her bed, taking one more look at her nakedness. He leaned down on his knees and rested his chin on the side of her bed, her chest rising and falling with each slumbered breath, tracing the middle of her chest with his index finger then stopping above her navel. His hand took her hip and noted the extra flesh that had horrified her, him not in the least as it only made her hips larger. Everything about Stevie's body was magnificent and just as he was tucking the comforter in around her, he heard the alert of someone entering the house, quickly kissing Stevie on the forehead as he left her room. It was Roger, just as he had thought, bags of fruit in his hands as he disappeared towards the kitchen, Lindsey rolling his eyes at the fact as he leaned against the railing from the second floor. This man was a complete annoyance and all those thoughts he had to himself earlier about allowing Stevie to be the one to break this to him, he had the sudden rush to do it himself, heading down the stairs in to the kitchen where he was arranging the fresh colored fruit on the table.

"Roger," stated Lindsey as the other man turned, clenching his jaw some at the man that destroyed his business last night.

"Lindsey..." then going back to what he'd been doing moments before.

"We have to talk."

"Oh, I'd say we definitely have to talk. I want to go over the expenses to what it will take to get my productions up and running again."

"It's not just that, I will cover that willingly, but it's about Stevie."

"Stevie?  And what would that be?" taking a few steps towards him, taller than Lindsey, so it made for a tad of intimidation.

"I'm in love with her and we had a nice talk last night, she's interested in me again, too. I was going to let her be the one to let the cat out of the bag but I couldn't wait, I need you to know this, she has reciprocated."

Roger laughed, leaning his hand on to one of the table chairs. "If you think that's what Stevie did for you last night, which I know everything, then you are mislead."

"What do you mean? How could you have possibly known what we did last night?" which Roger didn't, he was only assuming that Stevie was being her nurturing self.

"Because she told me. She begged me not to come inside so she could be alone with you, said that you had some problems that had to be worked out, and that she had to fix them for you before it was too late. If you think that means that she's in love with you now for being kind and caring then you really are lost, aren't you?"

Lindsey was hit hard, why would Stevie purposely become intimate with him just to go right back to Roger? Was she merely trying to find out if he was telling the truth? Was she going to relay all of it to Roger so he can boast about how good he is in bed? Why would Stevie do something so low to make him think otherwise?

"That doesn't make any sense, Roger, I've known her my whole life - she would never stoop to something so low."

"Really? That's why she sat in her driveway with me and went over the details of your issues?"